Old and New Memories

"Are you guys finally all up to speed?" I asked everyone and they all nodded confidently. "Oh thank gods I'm done explaining, my throat hurts. Okay, back to business," I decreed, clapping my hands together and turning my head to Oizys. "I'm cashing in my favor."

"About damn time! What do you need? An army? A couple of people you need 'taken care of'? Make the son of Poseidon's death look like a suicide?" Percys eyes widened, everyone in the room looking appalled as I gave her a look.

"What? No! My gods woman, get your shit together!" I hissed at her as she gave me a confused look like making a person commit suicide wasn't horrifying. "No, I need you to give me and everyone else in the camp their memories back. Obviously," I demanded making everyone in the room scrunch their eyebrows together in confusion. Oizys feigned confusion, cocking her head to the right like a lost puppy.

"Whatever do you mean, dear sister?"

"Don't play dumb, I know about my first quest."

"You mean the one where Poseidon tried to drown you and Zeus sent that creepy lady to brutally slaughter you?" She asked innocently, Jason and Percy looking away from me awkwardly.

"I'm not dumb, Oizys. I know about my actual first quest with Nico and Leo. I know there's something important in those memories and I need them. So does everyone else. They deserve to know," I reasoned calmly.

"Quest? What quest?"

"What the hades is this woman talking about, Kyra?" Nico questioned but I ignored him, too busy to respond as Oizys and I were in our own personal staring contest. She narrowed her eyes at me, looking irritated, before shaking her head, looking down. She rose her head quickly and smiled the fakest smile I have ever seen. She snapped her fingers, dissolving the room in pitch black. All I knew then was we were the only people in the darkness. Even in the inky blackness, I could see her as clear as day.

"Mother won't be pleased to hear that I gave you your memories."

"And she won't be pleased you broke the rules by refusing my favor," I argued, shrugging my shoulders. "It's a lose-lose situation but only for you."

"There's nothing important in them."

"Then why did you hide them?"

"Mother ordered I hide them from you all."

"Why? You said there's nothing important in them."

"Don't," she started, the white in her eyes turning pitch black in fury. "Use my words against me, little sister." I smiled, turning my eyes pitch black to mimic her own. A little trick Nyx kids could do.

"You know as well as I do I can do whatever I want. In reason, of course," I smirked causing her to glare at me. "As you keep saying, I'm her favorite."

"A lot of good that does you."

"It's not ideal but it gives me an upper hand against you idiots."

"What are you planning to do against her?"

"First, I need my memories. All of them. And don't you ever try to use that post-traumatic amnesia bullshit on me or my friends again."

"Or what? What could you possibly do to me, sister?" She laughed at my threats, her ebony eyes glinting in dark humor. I leaned forward into the darkness.