35(rewritten)

They all stood with black hanboks. Yesterday was the day the battle ended and the day Namjoon was crowned king. Yesterday was also the day they found out that In-Jae had also died. And today was the day they were going to light the pyre of Jungkook's and In-Jae's. Chanmin and Jeonghan's bodies were already burnt and their ashes were thrown in a trash can. Namjoon thought that they deserved the least graceful funeral and wanted their bodies to rot somewhere outside the kingdom and let the rats and other pests feast on it. But the ministers gave a stern No and told that though they were bastards, they have contributed at least a little bit of good into the kingdom. Namjoon didn't know what "good" they were talking about but let it go.

He didn't tell the other members about the bond or anything but told that Jungkook had bled out and died. The others didn't need to know because it would just cause more problems. The secret died with In-Jae and would die with him soon.

Hoseok stared at Jungkook's pyre. Jungkook was wearing a white hanbok and his eyes were closed, small smile on his face. It looked like as if he was just sleeping and having a good dream. It looked like as if he was never hurt as he had been cleaned up and bandaged yesterday by the mortuary person.

All six of them went over to Jungkook's pyre and placed a heirloom on top of his still chest. Namjoon's ancestors necklace, Hoseok's ring, Jin's locket, Yoongi's jade stone and Taehyung's bottle that his grandfather had given him. Jimin didn't have a heirloom as his family was branched and too divided to come with such a thing so he just keep a folded painting of him and Jungkook. He remembered that day clearly when Jungkook was about ten years old, Jimin had taken him to the painter's shop, made him sit on his lap as the guy painted them.

All six of them put their hands on the wooden stick as the lit it up and put it beside the pyre. A speech had to be made by each of them before they lit it up.  Namjoon went up first.

"Jungkook was-," he cracked a small smile as he let out a sigh and threw the piece of paper in his hand away," he was a diamond in the rough. He was the rose among dead flowers. He was-," Namjoon's voice cracked as a tear slipped from his eye. "He was the love of my life... I can't do this." He immediately got off the podium and Jin engulfed him in an hug. The other members, one by one, managed to deliver speeches without facing the same problem as Namjoon though off stage told an entirely different story.

Finally Jin went on the podium and gave his speech.

"Losing Jungkook was like losing the ability to breathe. Back when we were younger-," Jin chuckled as he wiped a tear from his eyes," we never treated him properly. It was quite funny when he became the most important piece in our life. He was our precious little baby and I should've done a better job in protecting my little baby from the dangers of the world. If I had the powers to turn back time, I wouldn't as everything happened for a reason and because of the events that had transpired we were able to win. Though turning back time would be much better as I would've had a better relationship with  Jungkook and he would've still have been alive, hopefully.  Now, I can only hope that he lives a better life with our moon goddess." Jin got off the stage and all of them lit the pyre on fire. Yoongi and the others shed tears as Jungkook's body burned to ashes and went with the wind.

"I'll be the one speaking the speech for In-Jae," Haesik announced. The man had come back yesterday from the northern province for the funerals, they had a small reunion and then started to focus on the funeral and crowning procession. "There is not really much to be said about my lovely wife. She was my ruby heart, the bravest soldier and witch I have ever seen. I was supposed to surprise her with a child that I had been planning to adopt for awhile because she was unable to carry one but shit happened and she could never see him," Haesik told as a small boy, not more than an year old was presented in his hands.

"This boy was the son of a couple called Elena and Honey, Jungkook's closest friends but sadly they died an year ago. The baby was said to have died but it actually managed to endure his injuries and live. From now onwards, in the name of In-Jae and Haesik, Philip will be raised in my care," everyone were surprised as they never had known that In-Jae and Haesik were married or that the baby was the son of Jungkook's closest friends.

He lit his wife's pyre on fire and went away with his son in his hands, not wanting to stay any longer as it was becoming suffocating for him. The crowds also started to disperse as the processions were over. Jin and Yoongi were the only ones who stayed back to watch the last of Jungkook's burn away with the wood. Wanting to spend some more time with him even though he was being burnt.

——————————-

Wait for Wednesday's update. That will be the last chapter. I most likely will not post a sequel for this because I don't have many ideas for one. Different, my taekook fanfic will for sure release by this month's end or maximum the beginning of next month.