29(rewritten)

Jungkook and Taehyung flinched as the building next to them exploded. Rubble came falling upon them like hellfire. Taehyung immediately covered jungkook so the man wouldn't get hurt.

Taehyung got off Jungkook the minute the rubble stopped spewing everywhere. Jungkook saw a small army standing far away. His eyes widened as he saw two familiar silhouettes. One was Jeonghan and the other was his assassin. The assassin looked haggard and Jeonghan looked healthier than ever. 

"How? They were supposed to be dead-,"

"Jungkook! Taehyung! You have to leave now," Hae-sik's right-hand man, Choi-sik exclaimed.

"What? What about the people over here? Someone has to protect them. I have to protect them," Jungkook told as he panicked. His hands shook as he saw the destruction that laid before him. The building that had exploded destroyed a couple of apartments and many huts. People were on the ground, motionless.

"The survivors are being escorted to the cave where they will be safe. Even if they die, their deaths will be nothing compared to the number of people that will be dying now if you don't leave. This time is perfect to attack the capital. Leave now1" Choi-sik commanded and Jungkook nodded his head. 

"Come, Taehyung. Let's go," Jungkook urged. Both of them ran down the corridor, to their horses. jungkook effortlessly jumped on his black mare. The elder hesitated. He didn't want to go back to a place where he was useless. And wasn't needed. He would just be a burden.

"I can't, you should go. I'll stay here and protect the villagers," Taehyung told.

"What the hell do you mean! You are coming no matter what," Jungkook told, climbing off his horse. Another explosion went off and more screams emitted from buildings.

"I cant. The blood. It's too much. I keep seeing you dying over and over again because of me when I see it," Taehyung admitted. Jungkook's eyes softened. He took Taehyung's hand in his before giving a kiss on the lips.

"You have to let go of the guilt now. It's been over a year or two and reminding yourself of what you had done would do no good especially when I am over it and forgave you long ago," Jungkook told the stunned man. 

"But I can't forgive my-,"

"Just imagine how the war results would turn out with you fighting in it. You're a good soldier, Taehyung. We need- I need you there," Jungkook told. Taehyung thought for a while and then made his decision.

"Then let's go but before we go," he stopped and grabbed Jungkook's neck and kissed him again.

"Now let's go." Both the men jumped on their horses and started off as another explosion went off. Jungkook could see Jeonghan and the assassin ruthlessly killing anyone who had stood in their path. From a distance, he saw Choi-sik cornered against the edge of the building by the soldiers before plummeting to his death. Jungkook closed his eyes before opening it and facing Taehyung's back. 

He felt bad for lying to Taehyung about the fact that he had forgiven him and moved on but it was a neccessary lie. Taehyung wouldnt have gone with him if he had told the truth.

------------------------

"We have to go to the borders of the capital to meet Taehyung and Jungkook, then we attack at the right time. Chanmin's guards have destroyed the village and now we destroy everything he had lived for," Jimin told, anger evident in his tone. Word had travelled fast. Someone from teh village had informed Hae-sik and Hae-sik in turn told the members. They decided to regroup near the borders of the and then plan ahead. At first it was going to be an immediate attack but after learning the north province was not what it was supposed to be, they didn't want anymore surprises with the capital also. So everything would be further discussed when they regrouped.

But if there was one thing for sure, that would be that Hobi and Yoongi would stay in the southern province and look after it to make sure nothing hinders the plan. And Hae-sik would go back to the northern province after regrouping. Only Jungkook, Namjoon, Taehyung, Jimin, Jin and a three dozens of soldiers would go into the capital to keep a low profile.

No one was forced into their roles but rather volunteered for them. Hobi's ankle was sprained and Yoongi had to stay as he was the best canditate to look over the southern province since this was where he was born.

The guards cheered as they raised their swords and Jimin smirked. He didnt know why Hae-sik planned this regrouping when it was not sure whether Jungkook or Taehyung had survived the attack on the village. But somewhere inside, he and Hae-sik knew that Jungkook would survive it no matter what and since Taehyung was with him, both of them would make it out alive.

-------------------------------

Jin sighed as he sat next to Namjoon.

"Do you think we will win?" He asked the elder.

"We have to," Namjoon told. He had just finished talking to In-Jae about somehing important. And what he heard was not pleasant at all. He couldnt believe Jungkook was hiding something this big all this while. Namjoon felt beyong hurt and angry. This must've been why he cried that day in front of him. But Namjoon understood why Jungkook would be scared. I mean, who wouldnt be afraid of death especially if you had things to live for.

But what he didnt understand was why Jungkook had to hide it. 

"You look a bit pale there," Jin told.

"Its nothing," he replied back.

"Do you remember the day we met? At the coffee shop and we promised not to keep any secrets and be friends forever,' Namjoon slightly cringed at the memory but it was one of the most important memory too.

"Yeah, i remember. We were about 5 years old and you wanted to fire the icecream man for giving you less icecream. You also tried to get yourself a job there," Namjoon told, slightly laughing.

"Well, I think you broke that promise because you are hiding something from me," Jin told, looking directly at Namjoon who returned the stare.

"Its not mine to tell. You can ask Jungkook when we meet him," Namjoon told before getting up and leaving Jin on the bench.

----------------------------------------