Chapter 24: Fireproof Clothes Are Underrated

Y/n's POV

"Good job L/n!!!" Mina congratulated as she embraced me.

"Thanks." I smiled as I hugged her back.

"You must be tired! Take a seat L/n!" Kaminari eagerly patted the seat beside him.

"Uh, thanks." I gingerly sat down next to him, not noticing the way his eyes lit up when I did.

"Tokoyami, you did great!" Kirishima patted Tokoyami's back as he walked into the stands.

"Thank you. I have a lot to work on still." He replied solemnly.

"So you're up against Bakugo next huh?" Sero sympathized. "He's not going to go easy on you."

He glanced at Uraraka's beat up form in the front row.

"I wouldn't worry too much honey! You've been doing so good so far, I'm sure you will give Blasty McBoomy a run for his money." Mina winked at me.

I chuckled lightly.

"I'll do my best."

"DIEEEEEEEEE!!!!!"

I turned back to the ongoing match of Bakugo and Kirishima.

An ear-shattering explosion sounded as Bakugo blew Kirishima across the field in a mighty blast.

Well, get it I guess.

"Kirishima is immobilized! Bakugo moves to the next round!"

"Deku! I see your surgery went well!" Uraraka chirped as she spotted Midoriya coming down the stairs to sit next to her.

"Yeah." He smiled.

"The first round of the semifinals!" Present Mic shouted. "With both of them from hero families, it's a battle of the elites! From the hero course, it's Iida Tenya! Versus! Also from the hero course, Todoroki Shoto!!!"

Ah right, I missed Iida and Mina's fight.

"Oh, by the way Mina, I'm sorry I missed your match again," I scratched the back of my neck awkwardly. "I bet you did good though."

"Aww sweetie don't sweat it!" She laughed. "And nah, Iida pushed me out of bounds rather quickly."

"Oh, that's unfortunate. But Iida is too fast for anyone to react properly."

"Mm." She agreed.

"Start!!!"

Immediately, Todoroki let loose a wave of ice, not giving Iida any time to prepare, and surrounded him.

"Todoroki's going in for the win right away!" Present Mic commented.

Duh. What else would he do? Have a cup of tea first?

Iida jumped at Todoroki, using his Recipro Burst and landing a heavy kick on Todoroki.

He then decided to lift Todoroki by the back of his shirt and run with him, attempting to yeet him out of bounds.

But of course, Todoroki was one step ahead of him.

He froze Iida's engine on his leg, successfully stopping him before freezing him into a human popsicle.

"Iida is immobilized! Todoroki moves to the next round!"

"Todoroki advances to the final without showing his flames!" Present Mic announced.

Todoroki...

"Hey L/n, aren't you next?" Kaminari adressed me.

Oh shit.