Chapter 15: Challengers

Todoroki's POV

I yawned as I strolled in the hall of UA, the morning fatigue already catching up to me.

"But when you're ready to talk, I'm listening."

God how stupid was I?

That's such a stupid thing to say...

I walked into my class, taking a seat at my usual spot in the back, and returned to my thoughts.

I wonder what L/n's hiding...

I frowned.

I just hope it's nothing bad...

✍︎︎ ✍︎︎ ✍︎︎

Y/n's POV

I yawned widely as I walked into the class, unable to contain my exhaustion.

"Morning L/n!" Ashido grinned at me as I passed her on my way to my desk.

"Morning Mina." I smiled at her slightly.

"Hey, did you watch the news last night?" Hagakure asked the class. "Did you see how everyone in class was in-screen for a second? I didn't stand out at all..."

That might be because of your quirk...

"Everyone! Homeroom is about to start! Stop talking and take your seats!" Iida yelled as he ran up to the front of the class.

"We're all in our seats."

"You're the only one who's not."

I snickered quietly as Iida sat down, looking embarrassed.

I felt a pair of eyes on me, and turned to see Todoroki staring.

"Hi." I cocked my head to the side slightly as I decided to acknowledge him.

"Hey." He replied, as emotionless as ever.

Silence followed.

"So um, who do you think is going to teach homeroom? Since Aizawa-sensei is...you know." I decided to break the awkwardness.

"I'm not sure. Aizawa-sensei is suppose to be in the hospital. Maybe some random teacher." He replied.

"Morning." Aizawa-sensei greeted us as he walked in through the door, covered in bandages.

Hold up.

"Aizawa-sensei?!" I exclaimed, shocked. "Aren't you suppose to be in the hospital?!"

"My well-being doesn't matter. More importantly, the fight is not yet over." He mumbled as he walked to the front.

What does that mean? Don't tell me...

"The UA sports festival is drawing near."

Oh thank God. I thought there were more villains again...

"That's a super normal school event!" We all exclaimed.

"Wait a minute." Kaminari shoved Kirishima.

"Is it okay to have a sports festival so soon after the villains snuck inside?" Jirou asked for him.

"Apparently, they think of it as UA showing that our crisis management system is solid as a rock by holding the event. Security will also be strengthen to five times that of previous years." Aizawa-sensei announced. "Above all, our sports festival is a huge chance. It's not an event to be cancelled because of a few villains."

You call that a few?

"Of course, all the top heroes around the country will be watching." Yaoyorozu said. "For scouting purposes!"