Chapter 20: Electric Shock

Y/n's POV

I sat watching from the stands as I watched Midoriya fight Shinso, except it wasn't really much of a fight.

Midoriya was making his way slowly towards the boundary line, looking as if he was brainwashed.

Brainwashing... that's probably Shinso's quirk.

That's actually a really powerful one...

Suddenly, just as he was about to step outside of the battle ground, Midoriya broke out of his trance and turned back around.

He rushed at Shinso and pushed him towards the other end of the arena, before shoulder flipping Shinso out of bounds.

"Midoriya advances to round two!" Midnight announced.

Good job Midoriya.

Next up is...

"He's good! He's good! But what's that plainness he can't get rid of?! From the hero course, it's Sero Hanta!" Present Mic introduced.

"Versus! Taking second, then first in the prelims! You're way too strong, kid! He wasn't recommended for admission for nothing!" Present Mic declared. "Also from the hero course, it's Todoroki Shoto!"

I winced slightly as I remembered our latest conversation.

He looks a little mad...

Is it still because of me?

"And now, for the second match of the finals... Ready... Start!"

Immediately, Sero shot a string of tape at Todoroki, trapping his torso and ripping him across the arena.

Not bad, buddy.

All of a sudden, the temperature of the arena dropped to below freezing, before a gigantic wave of ice covered a large section of the stadium.

My nose was an inch away from being pierced by an icicle.

What the hell, Todoroki.

"Sero, can you move?" Midnight shivered as she asked with half of her body was frozen.

"Of course not..." Sero stuttered out.

"Sero is immobilized! Todoroki advances to the second round!"

As expected...

But wasn't that a little too much?

I frowned as Todoroki steadily unfroze his mess, his face casted downwards, the peppermint hair  covering his eyes slightly messy.

I had a sudden urge to run my hand through it.

God Y/n! Stop this!

I stood up.

It's your turn in two rounds Y/n. Focus your dumbass on that and not on Todoroki's hair!

Although, it looks kinda fluffy... I wonder if it's soft-

"Shut up!" I blurted out.

I felt my cheeks heat up as everyone gave me a weird glance.

"Sorry, I was talking to myself." I mumbled.