Chapter 22: Endeavor? No Thank You

Y/n's POV

I rounded corners and passed empty rooms, just trying to get to the damn waiting room.

"Why is it so complicated here..." I muttered to myself softly.

I frowned as I started to hear people talking faintly.

"There's no way I can abandon anything." A soft murmur registered my ears as it reverberated against the narrow halls.

I paused, cocking my head towards the all-too-familiar voice.

"It's not something that can be so easily reversed," The low, quiet tone continued. "Back then... just for a second... I forgot about you."

Crap. Todoroki.

I looked around for another route, panicked.

I'm eavesdropping again...!

Though this time, it truly was an accident.

It's going to be awkward if he catches me listening to his private conversations for a second time!

"Whether it is correct or not..."

Footsteps echoed in my eardrums as I heard the voice getting gradually clearer and closer.

"I need to think about it."

Oh man... Quick Y/n... think with that empty head of yours... where can you go?

I scanned the hall around me, before facepalming mentally.

Why can't you just go back you absolute dumbass?

I spun to head back.

"L/n."

I froze.

Well shit.

He had spotted me just as I started off away from him.

I sucked in a breath through my mouth.

"Todoroki," I slowly turned to face him. "Hi."

He stood as the end of the hall, having just rounded the corner.

My breath caught in my throat at the sight of him with only half a burnt shirt covering his upper body.

Fuck no no he's too close and he doesn't have a shirt well he has half a shirt but I can see skin and abs. His abs. Oh my god his abs.

"Uh... good job out there, heh." I cringed internally.

Wow Y/n, that's smooth.

He stared me down.

"What are you doing here." He said it like it wasn't a question, but just another statement, a boring fact.

I bit my lower lip.

His face Y/n, focus on his face, not his stupid, annoying, beautiful body.

"It's almost my match," I informed him, tearing my eyes away from his toned chest and towards his head.

His eyes narrowed suspiciously.

"Then why are you here instead of in the waiting room?"

Alright you nosy little bitch...