Chapter 21: Flames

Y/n's POV

I sat with my chin in my hand, waiting for the next round to begin.

"That was tough, huh? Playing the bad guy." Sero commented.

I looked back to see Bakugo casually stroll into the stands with his hands in his pockets.

"Even if it was because of the match-up, you played an amazing villain, Bakugo." Asui added.

"Shut up! Be quiet!" Bakugo bit back aggressively.

"But man, I can't believe you were able to aim such a huge blast at a frail girl," Kaminari continued, oblivious to the murderous tint in Bakugo's eyes.

"I couldn't help but hold back against L/n." Kaminari sighed.

I rose my eyebrows as I glanced back at him.

He grinned back cheerfully.

"She completely destroyed you, Kaminari." Asui deadpanned.

That wiped the smile right off his face.

"Y-you know what, Tsu..."

"Hhgh," Bakugo hhghed. "What part of her was frail?" (Shhh, it's a word now.)

We all stared at him.

"She kept coming at me until she passed out. There's nothing frail about th-"

He stopped as he took a look at us.

"What?!!" He exploded. "WHY ARE YOU ALL LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT YOU EXTRAS?!!"

"Pfffffff dude we didn't even say anything, chill." Sero laughed.

"Ya bro. Why so stingy?" Kaminari supplied.

"Honestly, I thought it was nice how you treated her as an equal and didn't hold back," I commented. "I just don't think the crowd approved of that."

"But Aizawa-sensei sure gave them a scolding for that." Mina giggled.

"Tch," Bakugo looked away.

"Who's up next?" Asui changed the topic.

"I think Midoriya and Todoroki." I tried to sound nonchalant.

His name left a bad taste in my mouth.

"Oh yeah! This is sure to be good!" Kaminari rubbed his hands together as he eagerly waited for the match to begin.

"Let's get started!" Present Mic announced just in time.

"Those two haven't started yet?"

I glanced back to see Uraraka walk into the stands, taking a seat next to Iida.

"Hey," I decided to address her. "That was a great match... Do you feel okay?"

That's what a normal person would say to someone who just lost, right?

"Oh! Yeah! Thanks, L/n!" She replied, a little breathless.

I smiled lightly at her.

"Thanks for waiting, everybody!" Present Mic started his chaotic commentary again.

"The first match of the second round is a big match!!"

"The man who won a huge victory in the round and literally left the audience frozen..."

"From the hero course, it's Todoroki Shoto!"

Todoroki strolled determinedly onto the battle ground, his hands clenched into fists at his side.

"On the other hand, this guy barely made it past the first round!"

Damn, isn't that's a little too honest?