Chapter 17: Teaming Up With Him

Y/n's POV

"Let me explain," Midnight turned around. "The participants can form teams of two to four people as they wish. It's basically the same as a regular cavalry battle, but one thing that's different is..."

"Based on the results of the last game, each person had been assigned a point value."

So that means every team will have a different value in total...

"Yes, that's right! And the points assigned go up by five starting from the bottom. So 42nd place gets five points, and 41st gets ten points!" Midnight continued.

"And the point value assigned to first place is... ten million!"

What the hell?!

I, along with literally everyone else, turned my head to look at Midoriya.

So the only way to win is by taking down Midoriya...

"It's a survival of the fittest, with a chance for those at the bottom to overthrow the top!" Midnight announced. "Midoriya Izuku, who placed first in the qualifier, is worth ten million points!"

Man it must suck to be him right now.

"Rules! The time limit is fifteen minutes, each team is worth the total of its members' points, and the riders will wear a headband with that number on their foreheads. Teams will try to grab each other's headbands until time runs out, and try to keep as many points as they can. Stolen headbands must be worn from the neck up. And the most important thing is that even if your headband gets stolen, or if your team falls, you're not out!"

That's a lot of teams out at once...

"Now, you have fifteen minutes to build your teams. Start!"

And with that, everyone started scurrying around to form their own teams.

Now, who should I team up wi-

"L/n! Please team up with me!"

"No no, be on my team!"

I struggled to break away from the small sea of students that crowded me as they tried to team up with me.

"Sorry but I already have a team in mind..."

I quickly escaped to find the person I wanted to team up with.

Where is he...

I looked around, trying to locate my target.

Ah, there he is.

He stood in the middle of a still-expanding crowd.

I started walking.

"Bakugo!" I called out.

"Eh?" Bakugo turned his head towards me.

"Let's team up." I stopped in front of him.

"Tch. Why would I team up with you, you extra chick?"

I knew he'd be difficult to convince...

"You want to get that one million points, right?" That got his attention.

"Well my quirk can support you perfectly! Midoriya has Tokoyami on their team, as well as Uraraka, so they will probably try to stay away from everyone by taking off into the air. Well, my quirk just so happens to be Air Manipulation, so..."

"You can take down Deku and his extras and get my points." Bakugo finished with a maniacal grin.

"Exactly," I smirked. "So, what do you say?"