Chapter 12: Why are you here?

Y/n's POV

Where am I...?

I sat up groggily as I rubbed my sore back from the fall.

I looked around, and realized I am surrounded by wreckage and rocks.

All of a sudden, a violet portal opened in the sky, and I spied villains falling out from it.

I felt an immediate drop in temperature. I saw ice rapidly surrounding me.

I already knew the cause of this without turning around.

So Todoroki's here with me.

I don't know why, but I felt instant relief knowing he's here to back me up.

"It's pathetic to lose against a single child. Get a hold of yourself. You're an adult, aren't you?"

I couldn't help but crack a smile at the sound of his voice.

Nice choice of words Todoroki.

" 'Scatter you and kill you,' huh?"

I refocused on him as he release a steaming breath.

Damn that was kinda hot-

WAIT NO I MEAN-

"I hate to say this, but you just look like guys with quirks they didn't know what to do with."

Ice cold, Todoroki. Ice cold.

I stood up, dusting myself off as I did so, before walking around the now frozen villains to where Todoroki stood.

"You alright?" He asked me as he glanced my way.

"Ya. I'm fine." I replied as I stopped beside him.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a figure rushing at us.

"Watch ou-"

Clink.

Before I could finish, Todoroki had already frozen the man as he sidestepped.

"Hey, at this rate, your cells will slowly die. I want to be a hero. I would like to avoid something so cruel if possible." Todoroki started again.

He strolled forward towards a villain, before placing his right hand over the guy's face.

"On what basis do you think you can kill All Might? What's your plan?" He continued his interrogation.

"I- w-we w-were just to-old that w-we would have glo-glory if we take out the number 1 hero, and we didn't actually want to. We were f-forced." The villain stumbled over his words as he rushed to tell us information.

"He's lying." I found myself saying.

"Lying?" Todoroki frowned in my direction.

"Well in some degree ya..." I became slightly uncomfortable under his unwavering stare. "I don't think they were actually forced."

I walked closer to the villain.

"Plus. We don't care why you're here. We care about what you are going to do from now on." I tilted my head slightly.

"And if you don't want die a slow and painful death... I suggest you start talking." I threatened him, keeping my tone as low and as menacingly as I could manage.

"Okay okay I will! We were just told to take care of the students while they did the real damage! They said that you guys would be easy to manage but that was clearly a lie..." The villain trailed off, glancing at Todoroki with a nervous expression.