He had purchased gifts for his loved ones. The Qin Family was a large family, and Xu Ran purchased a large quantity of quality material for the Qin Family's wives to manufacture new garments. He also purchased some fabric for Wu Mei's family.

It might get cold after this month, and it was time to make some new clothes.

They had arrived in two empty carriages, but when they returned, both carriages were completely full, with only the passenger seats available. During the tests, Lin Hua purchased a large number of items. He bought a lot for himself and Zhao Chen, as well as gifts for Du Xin and Xu Ran. He was, certainly, a generous man.

On the way back, they went to He Shui Town first. After all, Xu Ran had not solved the problem with the salad and pot-stewed meat, and he had to go there again.

Xu Ran was chosen by Du Xin. They had intended to locate Du Xin a carriage and send him home, but Du Xin stated that he was not in a rush and that he would instead ride with Xu Ran, saving them money on transportation. Xu Ran considered it and agreed.

After they arrived at He Shui Town, Zhao Chen was locked up by his dad again, and the shop affairs were handed over to Lin Hua again.

For two days, Xu Ran and Chef Lin worked tirelessly to sort out all of the dishes. Chef Lin knew how to prepare the delicacies, so Xu Ran could relax and return home. Lin Hua gave him another hundred taels of silver before he went, claiming it was payment for the new dishes.

Xu Ran accepted it without hesitation because he had always been short on cash. Lin Hua also received the cold and fried noodles recipes from Xu Ran. He guessed they'd have to wait until next year to make money because it'd get cold after October and the salad wouldn't sell well.

Xu Ran left for home on September 17th. He had been away from home for the longest time. He yearned for his family. Tongtong's baby was approaching the age of seven months. Is it tormenting its daddy? What happened to Tangtang and Guoguo? Is Qin Shuwen's child born? Was it a boy or a Ge'er? How was it going for Xu An, who was selling wheelbarrows? What was the total number of apprentices he took on?

Only then did Xu Ran realize that there were a lot in his mind.

Xu Ran and Du Xin didn't come from the same town. After they arrived in Du Xin's town, Xu Ran left him off and handed him several items as well as money. Xu Ran was adamant about not driving Du Xin home since he couldn't wait to go home.

Xu Ran had gone to the county for the provincial examination this time, and everyone in the village knew it. Xu Ran, on the other hand, left quietly without disturbing anyone, so the villagers had no idea when he would return. He drove the carriage softly from the back of the village, oblivious to the fact that he was being watched.

His family had been waiting for his return with eager anticipation. Tangtang and Guoguo were standing outside the bamboo hut, staring at Xu Ran when he arrived. They had been awaiting his arrival.

"Dad, Dad." The two children shouted as they ran towards Xu Ran, who stopped the carriage and jumped off to hold the two children.

"Dad, we miss you so bad. Why have you been away for so long?"

"Yeah, I miss you too, and daddy and Grandpa Hu. We all miss you very much."

The twins kept chattering.

Xu Ran smiled happily. "I miss my babies too. Let's go home first."

Every time he returned after his journey, it was the same. On the way back, the two children were usually waiting for him, and they peered intently towards the direction from which he had come. He loaded the two kids into the carriage and proceeded to the new house's gate. The dogs in the yard began to bark and call out all of the family members when they heard the disturbance.