Rakeem POV: 1 week later

"He asked if I wanted to go to the movies with him" I told Cory puttin my head down and he smiled "Really! That's great da hell" He pushed me and I shrugged lookin up and I swear I seen Kadeem.

"What?" Cory said lookin were I was and I looked back at him "Can we leave" I stood up and he nodded.

We was at da park bc Cory felt like I needed ta get out more instead of bein cooped up inna house cause I was scared of dude.

"You goin ta college?" He asked me and I shook my head "what! Why?" He stopped and I shrugged "I don't feel comfortable with sharing a dorm wit ppl" I said and he huffed "atleast you don't have ta go somewhere else you'll be right hea in ATL" Cory shrugged and I looked around.

After everything that happened ta me I wasn't the same. What I did was fucked up but I can't change the past, I can't express how sorry I am ta Cory for sleepin wit his ex. I should have told him off the bat and then that couldn't been the reason our friendship hadda rift in it.

I got what I deserved in the end.

"Yeah you right" I shrugged and he nodded "So your gonna go?" He asked and I shook my head "we'll see" I smiled weakly.

"How about you?" I asked him "I mean what are you gonna do?" I asked him and he shrugged "Messiah doesn't want me going anywhere" He snorted then drunk some of his water "I'll probably just do online school or sumn" He shrugged and I nodded.

Kordell🙃 smilin face turned upside down is FaceTiming you.

I looked at my phone and bit the inside of my lip and answered it.

"Hello" I said softly. Whenever I'm around Kordell I get shy and I hate it.

"You ate today?" He asked me and I looked around thinkin of lyin "Why you tryna lie?" He asked me and I looked back at him while Cory chuckled lowly "No I didn't eat" I looked down shrugging.

"6 or 10?" He questioned me again and I scrunched my face up confused while Cory put his hair inna ponytail outta his face. It was windy asf today.

"10" I picked the number randomly and he nodded his head "ight" he said and hung up. I scrunched my face up.

"Did I do something wrong?" I asked Cory and he shook his "Rakeem you-" He breathed in and looked at me. My scars were still there all over my body.

I hated my body even more for this. Everytime I looked at myself I wanted ta throw the hell up it was disgusting. I have a long scar on my neck and it's terrible.

"What Kadeem did to you don't let this effect this relationship cause you deserve to be happy" he put both of his hands on my shoulders and looked at me. I bit my lip and nodded "okay" I sniffled and he laughed "are you cryin?" He said and I looked at him "your cryin too!" I laughed and he we busted out laughin.

____________

"Momma imma be fine" I said ta her and she looked at me "What's dis boy name?" She asked and I rolled my eyes.

My mom was excepting on me likin guys. She thought I was okay with Kadeem but it ended up bad and fucked up her trust wit guys. Shit me too.

"Kordell" I told her lookin down gettin shy just talking about him.

"You like this boy?" She asked me and I thought about it then nodded my head almost instantly "I do momma" I said and she nodded her head "Alright" she looked behind me at the curtains "well he hea! Go!" She pushed me to the door.

Right when I opened da door Kordell was standin dere.

He looked me up and down and I looked down thinkin he ain't like it "Rakeem" He said and I looked up at him since he was ah lil taller then me "You look good" He said and I smiled "thank you" I said and he waved at my mom.