39

Hermione didn't have time to react or even scream when the glass shattered and Death Eaters went flying throughout the room. She felt the glass run across her skin like blades. It was enough to finally wake her as she ducked for cover and tried to protect herself. Remus had been flung to the side of the room; almost breaking his back but he quickly was able to slid on his belly over to her.

 She held her arms over her head when another blast caused some chips of wood to fly pass her. Hermione was horrified and angry. Not only by the fact Death Eaters were surrounding them and attacking them while they were  unprepared to fight back, but the fact Tonks had summoned them here. Did Tonks hate her so much that she risked not only hers and Remus's life but her own and Teddy's? Why was she even upset with her given that Tonks and Remus aren't even together anymore? Hermione peered over the counter quick enough to see Tonks and Teddy were nowhere to be seen. Maybe they had escape before the Death Eaters had arrive, she thought. Part of her was ticked she was gone since she wanted to rip Tonks's throat open but the other was happy since Teddy was out of danger. She force herself back down to avoid getting hit with more glass. 

"Hermione!" She turned her head to see Remus crawling over to her. Carefully, she began to slip herself towards him. Another blast caused her to duck as glass flung over her. In the midst of the attack, she felt something slid across her stomach. She didn't have time to figure out what it was only that she needed to find a way to escape out of this before the Death Eaters come to kidnap them and bring them to Voldemort before being killed. Another blast came over them causing her to push through faster as she reached her hand over towards Remus. Remus grabbed hold of her wrist as they vanished from the kitchen. 

In a blink of an eye, they landed on hard ground which caused Hermione to groan in pain. For a moment she didn't know where they were until her eyes gaze over to see a campsite. Fenrir's pack. From the corner of her eye, she could see a couple of the members popping their heads over and began to come running down. Then she saw Fenrir and Scabior following behind, rushing through the crowd to get to her. Hermione tried to get up when sharp pain in her stomach brought her back down. She attempted to get up again when Scabior voice pierced her ears. 

"Hermione don't move!" He ordered her while he slide right beside her side. Hermione didn't grasp why as he lightly pushed her back against the ground. She attempted to try to figure out what was going on when Fenrir came on the other side of her. His face was twisted in pure concern while he pressed his hands gently on her stomach. When his hands laid on her stomach, Hermione winced as the pain rushed through her again. This time Hermione forced her head up as her eyes gazed down. Lodged deep inside her stomach was a large shard of glass with smaller ones.