38

Hermione woke up and found herself in a large bedroom. Remus must have place me here, she thought while she pushed herself up from the bed then headed over to find something to wear. She came across Remus's shirt. After consideration and understanding that she didn't want to walk around someone's house only in her underwear, she buttons the shirt on her and begins to descend to the kitchen. When she reached the doorway to the kitchen, she paused as a smile crawled over her face. She watched Remus roaming around the kitchen, wearing an apron and only his boxer shorts. She bit her lip as she kept watching him move around the kitchen, making breakfast for them. 

Hermione slowly tip-toed over to him. Carefully, she ran her hands over his shoulders, causing him to jolt before he peered over his shoulders and grinned. 

"Good morning, Hermione. How did you sleep?" he asked while returning his attention back to making breakfast, which smells delightful. Hermione gently wrapped her arms around his waist and sighed. 

"Fine. Strangely I'm... tired yet feel alive at the same time. Why do you think that is?" She whispered against his back. 

"The full moon is tonight. Fenrir states how those who embrace the chances will experience being tired and full of energy at the same time given your human form will be sleeping with the wolf is hyped up for tonight when it will be able to roam freely. The closer the full moon comes the more excited you will feel. If that makes sense." Remus explained as best as he could. Hermione nodded her head, rubbing her forehead against his shoulder blades. 

"I believe I understand." Hermione whispered, "Given there are basically two people living inside me. It makes perfect sense." 

Remus slowly turned around as he smiled down on her. Slowly his grin lowered as he lightly pushed some hair from her face. 

"If you need... I have some wolfsbane..." he started when Hermione shook her head. 

"No," she whispered. 

"Hermione are you sure?" 

"Yes... and I think it best if you stopped using it to." 

"Hermione..." 

"I know you are scared, but it's hurting you. I think it's best if you allow Moony to come out. Maybe you won't be tired or beaten up or wake up so sore as badly as you always are when you come back. Besides, I do not think Fenrir will allow you in the pack if you use the potion." Hermione stated to him. Remus's eyes widened. 

"Are you seriously deciding to go with Fenrir and Scabior?" Remus asked. 

"I believe... no, I know it's for the best. That way I am not hiding among people all because of this condition. I should not be shamed for this and neither should you." Hermione claimed, reaching up and cupping his head in her hand. Remus sighed as he pressed his hand on top of her own. 

"So you have decided who your mate is?" Remus asked, his eyes beaming with concern and fear. Hermione opened her mouth to speak when the sound of the door opening caught their attention. They gazed over just in time to see Tonks and Teddy walking into the living room. Tonks's eyes landed right on them as she froze to where she stood. Hermione felt like she was going to be sick as she backed away from Remus. Remus blushed while fixing his hair. 

"You're home early. I thought you said you will be back around noon or one." Remus mumbled to Tonks. Without warning and as a complete surprise, Tonks opened her mouth and uttered one word. 

"Voldemort."