33

The next morning, Hermione woke up in an entirely different room. At first she was a bit freaked out until it clicked on her that it was Scabior's room back at headquarters. He must have returned us while I was asleep, Hermione thought as she attempted to get up, only to be stopped but a strong grip. She peered over her shoulder to see Scabior holding onto her lips she was the last cookie in the cookie jar. She couldn't help but smile as she brushed some of Scabior's hair from his face then lightly kissed his temple. A light smile slipped on his face as he nudged his head against her. Hermione carefully slipped from the bed without waking Scabior up as she looked around. She couldn't find her clothes so either Scabior left them back at the club or he hid them somewhere. Not wanting to go out naked, she searched for something to wear. After a few minutes, she found a robe that would do. 

(I do not own this photo) 

Slipping it on, she made her way of the room and towards the bathroom to freshen up. On the way, she ran into someone she had attempted to avoid throughout the entire time she was here... Ron. As soon as their eyes locked, it was as if someone had zapped them with a freezing spell. For a few minutes they had no clue what to say to each other until Ron opened his mouth. 

"I see you are back." He said, his tone fused in a bit of annoyance. Hermione took a deep breath. 

"Yes. I'm back. Is that a problem?" She asked. Ron shook his head. 

"No, no. No problem at all. Did you have fun with sleeping around with another guy?" Ron asked, rudely. Hermione rolled her eyes and began to walk away. 

"I have no time for your silliness Ron." she growled. She didn't want to deal with his attitude this early in the morning. She didn't think she could muster all that strength to be patient and rational like she usually would in these situations. She was halfway through the hall when she felt something grabbed hold of her wrist. She shot her head around to see Ron was now fuming in rage.

"Hey! I'm not the one whoring around with three men! I thought you were better than this kind of things, but turns out you are just like how those Death Eaters view muggle-borns." Ron shot at her. Hermione lifted her hand, ready to slap him when she saw Ron fall flat on his ass. It took a moment before she gaze up and saw Remus standing over him. Ron's eyes were wide in shock at the thought that Remus, who was considered the most sweetest man among them, punched him. 

"I advised you to watch that mouth of yours, Ron. If you have nothing nice to say, don't say a word." Remus warned Ron. Ron pushed himself off of the floor, still surprised that Remus had socked him. 

"You hit me?" Ron said. Remus shook his head. 

"Be glad, it was me. If it were Fenrir or Scabior that heard you... well... lets just say werewolves don't take kindly to people insulting their mates. In fact, according to werewolf law, the three of us have the right to kill you for saying that about her." Remus threatened. It was enough to cause Ron to stumble away from them. Hermione opened her mouth to say something when Remus wobbled till he leaned against the wall. 

"Remus? Are you alright?" Hermione asked while she reached out to hold him. He nodded. 

"Yeah, I used a lot of my energy to keep Moony from ripping Ron's throat out. Forgive me," He whispered. She shook her head. 

"Forgive you? For what? you defend me from Ron. There's nothing to be ashamed for." Hermione told him, lifting her hand on his shoulder. She couldn't explain it but she could feel Remus's dread that he was feeling deep within him, causing her to wrap her arm around his. He shook his head. 

"You didn't have to see that side of me. You didn't have to see... Moony." He mumbled. Hermione opened her mouth to speak when he slipped away from her, "You should get dress and cleaned up. I'm sure that was what you were going to do. I still need to think about what we are going to do with this date." 

With that, Remus fled down the hallway, leaving Hermione alone... and feeling truly alone.