22

"Hermione! Is that you?" Tonks asked as she opened the door to reveal Hermione standing on her front porch. Hermione knew she shouldn't be here. She knew out of all the people, Tonks wasn't one to be standing in front of. After all, Hermione was the reason Tonks and Remus may or may not have gotten a divorce. But she had no idea about the others' condition and she knew Tonks was extremely good at hiding so she was left with only that choice. 

"It's me, Tonks. Sorry for barging in," Hermione told her. Tonks shook her head, smiling as she motioned for her to come in. 

"Not at all! We were looking for you... well Sirius and Remus were looking for you. I would have too but I had to watch Teddy," Tonks explained while closing the door behind Hermione. Hermione's eyes landed right on the toddler, who was sitting in the middle of the living room. Her heart seemed to shatter. She felt so bad to cause a rift between Tonks and Remus but at the same time, she couldn't help it. There was this spark (and still some left) growing within her the moment she saw Remus. She didn't know it at the time he was married and expecting a kid. It was only when she learned of this that she tried to fight her feelings for him. However, it was easier said than done. 

"That's no problem." Hermione stated. 

"Did you find Remus? Or Sirius? Where are they?" Tonks began to ask while she scurried over to make tea. 

"Um... yeah, Remus found me but he stayed behind to go find Harry and Ron. We got split when we ran into a bunch of snatchers." Hermione lied to Tonks. Tonks nodded her head while she finish preparing the tea. 

"It's good to see you're safe. I was so worried about you three. The Order are going to be please to hear your return. Especially Molly and Arthur." Tonk confirmed. Hermione nodded as she found herself moving over to Teddy. 

"So this is Teddy? I heard so much about you." Hermione said, reaching her hand out to Teddy, who gladly took hold of her fingers and began to giggle. Sure it wasn't from entirely Remus's lips as much as Sirius's but she still had pretty good idea who Teddy was. Tonk laughed. 

"Yeah, he has been having a bit of a hard time with the war. Either I'm gone almost all the time or Remus is gone almost all the time. Barely do we see each other. I know we're divorced and I may slightly hate Remus's guts for what he did but Teddy deserves to have his father around." Tonks stated. Hermione stiffened, bitting her lip knowing exactly what 'what he did' meant. She carefully let Teddy play with his toys as she moved over to the counter. 

"Sorry for that," Hermione mumbled, trying to be discreet but not entirely so Tonks knew she was indeed sorry for what happened. Tonks waved her hand. 

"It's not your fault... in fact I can't entirely blame him for it. Moony decided I wasn't fit to be Remus's or his mate and choose someone else. I'm not entirely sure who but I know Moony made Remus shag with her," Tonks said, her voice shaking a bit like she was trying to hold herself together, "So I hope whoever it is that they are happy with each other." 

Hermione bit her lip again. 

"Actually, I don't think he wants to be with her." Hermione claimed to her. Tonks snickered. 

"And how will you know Hermione?" Tonks asked. Hermione sighed. 

"Because he told her that he thinks its best she were to be with someone else that wasn't him." Hermione answered. Tonks narrowed her eye. 

"How do you know this? Did he tell you? Because he never told me that." Tonks asked. Hermione kept her lips glued tightly, regretting saying any of that. Tonks was about to open her mouth to ask again when her eyes widened as her mouth dropped to her chest. 

"You? You're the one he..." Tonks asked, pointing at Hermione. Hermione shook her head trying to reach out to Tonks.

"I didn't mean for it to happen! I swear! It was... it was just in the moment. I didn't know he was married or even expecting a kid...."  Hermione tried to reason with Tonks, who kept backing away. 

"I think you should leave," Tonks whisper, "You need to get out of my house." 

"Tonks, listen..." Hermione started when Tonks slammed her hands against the counter. 

"GET OUT OF MY HOUSE! GO! I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOUR FACE AROUND HERE AGAIN!" Tonks screamed. Tears dripped down her cheeks as Teddy began to cry like Hermione. Without another moment, Hermione went rushing out of the kitchen towards the front door, wishing she hadn't came there in the first place.