16. Twice In One Day

Start from the beginning

He placed me down in a seat and sat down beside me, "Read something, you'll feel better."

"Seriously, Draco you carried me from that peaceful point where I could think and you brought me here? I was crying... and you know I don't like being weak. So why bring me to a public place?"

He gave me a soft smile before his face hardened as he wiped the tears off my cheek, "This? These tears? They aren't you being weak. It shows how strong you've been through everything, it shows how strong you are. And when you're done, you'll look back and know that you were strong enough to overcome what you once thought was impossible."

I got lost in his eyes before I blinked and wiped my tears away, "When did you get so wise? It's unnerving."

He smiled and kissed my forehead, "There's the Scar, I know-"

"He's at perfect liberty to kiss whomever he likes." I snapped my head to the sound and realized they were headed our way, "I really couldn't care less. I mean, was I under the impression that he and I would be attending Slughorn's Christmas Party? Yes..."

"Huh, twice in one day."

I turned to Draco and placed a finger over his lips telling him to be quiet as Granger and Harry soon came into view.

"Now, given the circumstances, I've had to make other arrangements."

"Have you?"

"Yes. Why?"

Draco snickered, "For being the smart one of your group, I can't believe you don't understand Potter here."

She looked at Harry confused until he answered, "I just thought, seeing as neither of us can go with who we'd really like to, we should go together, as friends."

"Why didn't I think of that?"

"Who are you going with?"

She fidgeted nervously before meeting Harry's eye, "Um, it's a surprise. Anyways, it's you we've got to worry about. You can't just take anyone."

He chuckled and nodded, "You're right..." He thought for a moment and then turned to me but Draco put an arm around my shoulder, pulling me to his side.

I shook my head at his antics as Granger moved so that Harry could see the girl just a distance away from us, "See that girl over there?"

We all looked seeing as Granger was the only one with her back to the girl.

I widened my eyes shocked, "You're not seriously suggesting he goes with Romilda Vane? I mean it just seems desperate

I widened my eyes shocked, "You're not seriously suggesting he goes with Romilda Vane? I mean it just seems desperate. Tonight's the party, so I mean, sure if you must. But really?"

"Who's Romilda Vane?" Draco straightened up asking.

"It doesn't matter, but I know that she's apparently trying to smuggle you a love potion."

"Really?" Harry smiled, now staring at the poor girl.

Draco rolled his eyes, scowling, "I don't get smuggled love potions."

Granger looked at me and stifled a laugh, "That's only because Scarlett here hexes anyone who tries to."

"Really? Is that what's happening?" He smirked at me as I sarcastically shook my head before I smacked his arm making him drop the subject, as we turned back to the other two.

Granger snapped at him and scolded him, "Hey! She's only interested in you because she thinks you're the Chosen One."

"But I am the Chosen One."

I raised my brows and smacked Harry's arm with a book while Granger smacked his head.

"Okay, sorry. Um, kidding."

Draco stifled a laugh while Harry shot him a look.

Harry then returned to the subject on hand as he stuttered before forming an actual sentence, "I- I'll ask someone I like. Someone cool.

I smirked and pushed Draco up as I waved goodbye.

"Twenty Galleons it's Luna Lovegood."

"Thirty Galleons it's that Chang girl from the year above," I smirked already knowing that I would most likely win but we both shook on it as we returned to the dorms getting ready for the party.

It was going to be interesting.