𝟤𝟧 | 𝗶𝗰𝗲

Start from the beginning

"Oh, so you're Yeonjun! I know about you, my dad told me stories about you," the girl grinned as he took a seat on the chair across the sofa.

Yeonseok came in holding a tray full of cookies.

"Here, me and Yunjin just baked them today." he smiled.

"Y-Yunjin?" Yeonjun asked in confusion.

"Ah, I forgot to introduce myself. I guess you know what my name is by now," the girl laughed.

She sported straight blonde hair, and at first glance he looked very intimidating but turns out she was just a nice softie.

"Now what brings you here?"Yeonseok asked cutiously as Yunjin walked to the kitchen.

Four pairs of eyes immediately turned to Soobin because he was the one who decided to bring them here.

"Well the thing is, there's people out there trying to kill us. They already found where we live, and everywhere we go they follow us too. We went here because...we really have nowhere else to go," Soobin sighed.

"Don't worry, you're safe here." Yeonseok said firmly.

"Oh, are you sure about that? How do we know that we can trust you?" Yeonjun narrowed his eyes at him.

"Just wait and see." his father sighed, patting his shoulders.

***

Yeonseok decided to go to the mall while the five of them decided to help Yunjin prepare snacks in the kitchen.

Beomgyu found some strawberries in their refrigerator and put them in the blender, but he turned it on without putting the lid on which made bits of strawberry fly everywhere.

"Beomgyu, you irresponsible bitc-" Soobin yelled but stopped when he heard Yunjin laughing.

"Food fight?" Yunjin smirked.

The  boys were expecting Yunjin to get mad because of the mess Beomgyu has created, but instead she was even willing to make a bigger mess.

And so all of them ran after each other around the house while throwing strawberries and tomatoes at each other without a single care in the world.

The food fight went on for an hour until Yunjin decided to call it quits. She felt like he made five new friends, and she even met her stepbrother Yeonjun today as a bonus.

"What do we do next?" Taehyun asked as he lay on top of one of the beds in Yunjin's room.

"Let's just pretend we didn't make a huge mess so we don't have to clean." Beomgyu laughed.

"Hey, I have a pet cat by the way. You wanna see it?" Yunjin excitedly asked, and they all nodded their heads.

Yunjin led them to the corner of the room and found a very fluffy, grey cat sleeping on the floor and they all couldn't help but melt because of its cuteness.

It wasn't until its eyes opened when Soobin felt his heart froze.

It had blue and green eyes.

"I just found him on the streets when I was little, and his eye colors really are mismatched like that. Unique, huh?" Yunjin said, cradling the cat gently in her arms.

"Y-yeah..." Soobin muttered nervously.

"Guys...do you smell something burning?" Yeonjun asked quietly as he looked around.

"...my heart?" Yunjin laughed, but she immediately stopped when he saw how serious Yeonjun was.

Thick smoke greeted Yeonjun as he opened the door.

"There's a fire?!" Hueningkai panicked.

All of them immediately headed downstairs and found everything on fire, especially the kitchen.

"Who used the oven?" Yunjin asked, trying not to panic as to scare the boys.

Yeonjun felt his heart drop.

Before Beomgyu's strawberry incident, he found some leftover cookie batter and decided to bake it too. Turns out he wasn't able to turn the oven off.

"I-I did..." Yeonjun mumbled.

"I- ok- just stay where you are and don't go anywhere!" Yunjin yelled as she ran downstairs, ignoring the begging of the boys.

"I honestly thought Beomgyu set the house on fire but turns out it wasn't him," Taehyun muttered.

"I'm going after him," Yeonjun ran downstairs too, and the rest of the boys had no choice but to follow him.

Yeonjun closed his eyes.

He left the oven on.

He could turn the gas supply off, but it would be impossible since it probably would've exploded already.

Yeonjun sighed in frustration. He's never used his abilities on fires, so he had absolutely no idea what to do.

The door was blocked.

Several flammable objects were in the house, and the fire was spreading rapidly.

He desperately tried to find Yunjin in the thick smoke, and he made out a figure in the living room.

"Yeonjun! Move away!" she yelled.

Not sure why, Yeonjun did move away and accidentally fell to the ground. The last thing he remembered was hearing a loud crash and everything went black.