chapter 60

⚠️TW: Blood loss and death⚠️

~ 1 year later ~

Fred and I had been married for a whole year. After the wedding we spent two whole weeks at a little beach house on the coast, enjoying each other's company without others around or the worries of our jobs. Once we got back we got right back into the swing of things. The loft was a little less lonely without George around and the shop was constantly busy. While Fred was busy keeping up with orders and the new shop in France, I was busy with work at the Hospital. Most nights we just either ate out or sat on the couch until we fell asleep, trying to get as much quality time together as we could.

About 6 months after the wedding we decided we wanted to buy a house and move into a small neighborhood like Abigail becasue we wanted to start a family soon. With Ginny and Harry married now as well as George and Emily and Hermione and Ron, Molly was pestering everyone for grandbabies even though Bill and Fleur already had one. I guess they wanted more. I mean who can blame them.

After Fred and I moved into the house we were still so busy that kids weren't on our mind right now but we really wanted to have one or two or however many we could. It just seems right to become a family, rather than keeping it just the two of us.

I happened to have the night off from the Hosptial and I was making Fred and I some dinner with the topic on my mind. We had always talked about it but we hadn't really settled on a definite answer to yes or no into whether we wanted to start. As soon as I heard the front door open I took the food off the burner and walked out of the kitchen. I walked around the corner to see him kicking off his work shoes as he ran his fingers through his messy hair.

"How was work?" I asked as I walked over to him, standing on my tippy toes and placing a light kiss on his lips as he squeezed my waist.

"It was good, long but good," He mumbled against my lips as I pulled away.

"I am glad, dinner is ready if you are," I smiled up at him.

"You don't work the night shift tonight?" Fred asked as I slipped my hand into his.

"Nope, got the night off to be with you since you leave for France tomorrow," I said as we walked into the kitchen, "which I am still jealous of by the way."

"You know you could still come with us," Fred pestered as I walked over to the cabinet to grab us each a plate.

"Another time," I said as I turned back around to face him, "There was something I wanted to talk to you about actually."

"What is that?" Fred smiled at me as he took his play from my hands.

"I know we wanted to wait a few more years but I want to have a baby," I said.

"When? Like now?" Fred asked as he set his plate down on the kitchen counter.

"Obviously not right this second, but I want a baby, don't you?" I asked as I set my plate down on the counter as well.

"Of course I want a baby are you crazy? I just wanted to wait until you were ready," He said as he walked over towards me, placing his hand on my waist as he pulled me close.

"I think I am ready. We have been married for a whole year and together for almost 6 years now. I want a family with you, as you said in the treehouse," I said as I placed my hands on his chest, running my fingers over the fabric of his work uniform.

"Are you sure becasue I thought we could get a dog first and see how that goes?" Fred chuckled as I rolled my eyes at him.

"Fred, I'm sure," I said looking up at him, "I know you're going to be gone for two weeks but I figured maybe we could start after that if that's what you want to do."