chapter 18

By Monday morning I was back on my feet. Walking through the castle as I went from class to class. Everyone talking about Christmas break coming up. Which in fact was right around the corner. Everyone could barely hold on a wait for Saturday morning to come around where we would leave this place for a full two and a half weeks. While I was stuck in the infirmary Mary Ann was the only one of my sisters who visited me. According to Mary Ann, Nora and Becca wanted nothing to do with me and my disappointing actions. I was just happy to have my baby sister. 

We spent the whole night talking about all the things we would do over break if father allowed me to leave my room. Hoping that he would but doubting it in the back of my mind. When midnight rolled around we had a full list and of course, we would have mom into this. The three of us were practically the same along with Abigial but she has been gone for so long that we honestly forget about her sometimes and when Mary brings her up mom has to go off and cry for a moment. Sad really, but Abigail did what she did.  

As I was sitting at lunch with Emily when my family's owl came flying in. Dropping a letter into my lap as it quickly flew away. I set my fork down as I looked over towards Emily who wider eyes than I did. Snatching the letter into my grasp as I flipped it over. 

Charlotte Florence Whittle

My full name in my father's handwriting,  this should be good. I took in a deep breath as I flipped it over and tore the ink away. Slipping the parchment out that has our family crest and name writing at the top.

Charlotte, 

You are hereby uninvited from family Christmas. The decision has already been made and it is final.  Your mother and I are very disappointed in your actions and you need time on your own to reflect on those mistakes and understand the severity of how disappointed the family Whittle name.

You shall remain at Hogwarts and continue on your studies, even though you are on break. Dumbledor will be lettering if you decided to step out of line. You should think about how you caused pain and disgrace to your family. I expect to receive a letter stating that you agree to this consequence and maybe it will teach you to not act so foolish and stupid. 

-Father.

I crumbled up the note and pushed myself off the table. Walking away from my food as I felt the hot tears begin to pool in my eyes. The temperature rising in my body as there was a familiar tightness in my throat. I couldn't breathe. I pushed through a few crowds of students as I made my way to be alone. Gasping in the air as I felt like I was drowning a sea of my own thoughts. 

Now, what was I supposed to do? Mary Ann and I had so many things planned over the break and now she was going to be devastated. I was enraged. I was upset with myself. I quickly made my way to the library knowing that I would be alone there and no one would come to bother me at all. I didn't want to deal with anyone else for the rest of the day. I just wanted to be by myself. 

Skipping Transfiguration and Ancient Ruins as I just minded my own business. Not even leaving for dinner when the time rolled around. I figured if Fred didn't see me in McGonagall's classroom he wouldn't bother coming to look for me but he ended up finding me in the library.

"Do you know how long it took me to find you?" He huffed as he plopped down next to me. My eyes not leaving my book. 

"I was hoping you wouldn't," I sassed.

"Why? It's our last session." 

"It doesn't matter," I hushed as I wished for him to go away.

"So what are we going over today for our last session?" He asked in a cheery voice.