chapter 27

Today was the day of the last task of the Triwizard Tournament. Everyone could tell that the tensions were high between our four champions. After today there would be one sole winner. Hogwarts has two chances to be known as the school with the champion, the other two schools did not.

Emily and I took it upon ourselves to cheer on Fluer as she was the only leading lady, while she wasn't a determined as the boys part of me felt bad for her especially after the last task. I know that if I was in her position and I had to save my sister I would have pushed through but the task seemed challenging. 

While the last task didn't start until later this afternoon, Emily and I just laid around in my dorm room before we decided to get ready. The both of us threw on some comfortable clothing for the rest of the day as it looked like it was going to rain. Emily and I were both dressed in a pair of jeans and a sweater to keep us warm. Around four o'clock we headed down to the arena for the last task. Emily and I blended in with the crowd as everyone rushed around us.

Crowding around each other and everyone placed bets on who they believed was going to win. A lot of people we voting on Cedric Diggory, while of course all of Gryffindor was rooting for Harry Potter. Most of the boys were going with Viktor Krum while the remaining few were voting for Fleur Delacour. Everyone was torn so it would be exciting to see who would come out on top as the winner. 

Emily and I took out seats with Adrian and Graham, who were talking with some other Slytherin boys about how great Viktor Krum was. As we all waiting for the task to start I scanned my eyes along the sections of students filing in. My eye stumbling upon Fred and his twin, George as they took their seats. Fred's hair was slightly messier than George's, and not to mention he still had the signs of a hickey on his neck from the other night. 

My heart fluttered when his eye fell on me. A soft smile grew on my face as he sent me a quick wink. I secretly waved to him before pulling my sweater over my hands. Part of me wanted to go over there and sit with him. Be next to him during the last task but I had to stay here with my friends. 

"Hi, Lottie!" I heard Mary Ann say as she took a seat behind me, "Who are you looking for?" 

"No, one," I spoke turning my head around to her, "I was just zoning out. Thinking about something."

"Oh, well, I brought my friends with me," She beamed.

"Hi guys," I smiled.

"Hi," They said shyly. 

"This is Faith Nott, Kimmie Willson, and Claire Holt," She said motion to each girl.

"Hi girls, I'm Lottie," I smiled just as the band began to play. Everyone around us beginning to cheer as all four champions stepped out onto the grass. Watching them as they all stood around as Dumbledore talked with them. Before we knew it they were all off. Heading into the maze as all of us out here waited to see who would return as the winner. 

I turned around and talked with Mary Ann, getting to know all of her friends better while Emily talked with the boys. Her friends seemed sweet and I liked them all. While Faith was a pure-blood, both Kimmie and Claire were half-bloods, which didn't bother me. It seems like Mary Ann and Faith were pretty protective over them. As I talked with the four of them it reminded me of old times when Emily and I were first little students here at Hogwarts. Every now and then as I giggled along with them I glanced over towards Fred to see him laughing with George and Lee. 

After a while, we saw red sparks shoot up in the air, and then Fleur Delacour appears back with us. She looked pale and out of it. Some of the Beauxbaton girls helped her off the ground as they walked over to where they once were. Wrapping a warm blanket around her as she began to shake. The color slowly coming back to her face as the panic rose in my body. Before I turned back to Mary Ann, Fred caught my eye. Giving me a concerning look before I brushed it off.