chapter 48

The day came when I had to return home. Fred sat on his bed writing a few letters for me while I packed up my bag. I tried my best not to look at him while I was packing because I knew it would make me cry and not want to go back. To say to hell with it to my Father and live with Fred. Go to Healing school and never look back. But that wasn't possible.

Once I zipped up my bag I looked over at Fred as he finished folding up the last letter. Both of us had teary eyes. I walked over to him and just laid down next to him. Staring into his eyes for one of the last times for who knew how long. Neither of us needed to speak to know how we were feeling. 

Just the two of us, laying in his bed as I never wanted to forget this month. How his sheets felt, how his warm body kept me from freezing during the nights. The long days down in the shop. All the fun little dates we went on. All the places we explored each other's bodies in or on. Everything, just everything. 

I felt the tears begin to peak over the edge of my eyelids as I held back my sniffles. Fred just wrapped his arm around me tighter and held me against his chest. I slipped my arms around his torso as I drew figures on his back with my fingers as I cried into his chest. Meanwhile, Fred rubbed my back nice and slow. Letting the sounds of our quiet tears fill the empty space surrounding us. 

Not a word was spoken and not an action needed to be done to feel the love in the room. 

We must have laid there for hours because when I woke up from the slumber I had fallen into the sun was beginning to set which meant I had to leave. I shook Fred awake before we climbed out of bed together. Fred stood up while I stayed on the edge of his bed. I heard Fred open my bag as he slipped a few things into my bag. As I stared off into space I saw Fred's hand come into view. With my teary eyes, I looked up at him and slipped my hand into his. 

"This isn't goodbye," I whispered.

"Of course not," Fred said, "it's just a see you soon."

Fred placed his right hand on my face like he usually did. His fingers already tangled in my hair as his thumb caressed my cheek. I placed my left hand on his wrist as I leaned my head into his hand. Taking in each moment as I stared into his chocolate eyes. Feeling the warmth take over my body as it felt like a new core memory had been made this last month of staying with Fred.

Fred's other hand placed on my waist as he pulled me closer to him, leaning down to place his lips on mine as we shared this last intimate moment together. With his hand on my face and waist, I placed my other hand on his chest as I twisted the fabric of his shirt between my fingers. Stepping closer to him as his hand slipped around my waist. My hand dropping from his wrist just before he slipped that hand fully into my hair. With my free hand, I placed it on his waist digging my fingers into his side as I wanted more but we couldn't do anything. 

Our lips began to part from each other but just lingered lightly over each other as my eyes stayed closed. Making sure I stored this memory before opening my eyes. I felt Fred's lips brush over mine lightly as a million little chills were sent down my spine.

"Stay," Fred whispered against my lips, "just stay."

"I can't," I whispered as I opened my eyes to his. I brought my hands up to his face and danced my fingers over his skin. 

"I love you," Fred said as I held back some sniffles. 

"I love you,"  I said, placing my lips on his lightly. One peck turned into two. Then three. Four. Five. Until it was too many to count and we were lip locked again. 

"Go home tomorrow," Fred said between kisses, "Give me one more night."

His lips becoming more aggressive as he wanted more as well.