13| Know Your Frenemies

Start from the beginning

"She's spending the day in the city, ok? So you'll be safe, I promise."

"What's later?" Spencer asked. "Studying."

"Is that girl-on-girl code for romance?" Hanna asked. They laughed. "No, Hanna, we're actually studying."

"But your friend is a romantic." Maya said. "Is she?"

"Oh, yeah, um..walks in the rain, picnics by the lake, dancing naked in candlelight." She listed. Ivy was the only one who laughed. "I'm just kidding."

"We go to dinner and a movie, just like you guys."

"Well, she's not entirely kidding. Emily would love to do all of those things." Maya joked. "Ok, you've shared enough." Emily pulled Maya away.

"They are so cute together!" Ivy whisper-shouted.

Emily and Ivy walked over to Aria and Hanna. "I just heard that Toby's here."

"Would they let him come back to school?" They heard shouting and saw Toby walk to his locker with a police escort. He grabbed his books and continued down the hall. A boy stopped to say something but Ivy couldn't hear.

○ ○ ○

Ivy had gotten a coffee with Aria and they saw Hanna eating outside 'Lucky Leon's' "Hanna?"

"Hey, are you okay?" Hanna's face was blank. "Oink oink." A guy said from behind them.

"Don't you guys have practice or did you lose your balls?" Ivy snapped. They got up and left. Ivy and Aria sat down across from her.

"I thought you had stuff to do at home?" Aria asked. "I lied."

"Do you want to talk about it?" Aria asked. "I wish I could." Ivy took her napkin from her coffee and wiped the sides of Hanna's mouth.

"I really hate 'A'." Ivy and Aria turned to see Noel looking at them. "He has something on our Mom that can get her into a lot of trouble."

"What does he want you to do?" She asked.

"Remember when I used to eat when I got nervous or felt bad? Alison...walked in on me after a binge, and...she was actually kind..or so I thought." She paused. "She helped me throw up." Hanna admitted.

"Hanna...that's so dangerous."

"Oh, my god." Ivy put her hand over her mouth in shock.

"I know, and...that was just such a low point in my life that...I started taking better care of myself. I knew I could be stronger than that."

"Yeah, and you are." Ivy grabbed her hands and Aria nodded.

Hanna went to the bathroom. Aria had gone inside to see if she was okay and Ivy waited outside for them.

'A' had given Hanna money for eating the cupcakes. Ivy and Hanna were now back home, Hanna shoved the money in the box and Ashley came round the corner. "Hey. When did you guys get home?"

"Uh, just now." Hanna was still holding the pasta box

"What are you doing with that?"

"We're going to cook it." Ivy jumped in as Hanna was struggling.

"For dinner?" Ashley asked. "Yep." Hanna nodded.

"Hanna."

"Mom." Ashley leant forward. "I know when you're being dishonest with me, even before you start talking."

"You do?" She asked. "Uh-huh. You though, you're hard to read." Ashley pointed at Ivy. Ivy grinned in triumph.

"Spill it." Hanna knocked the pasta box and the money fell out. "Where did that money come from?"