20| THE CURSES

"who on earth would curse me with such beauty?"
————
chapter's aesthetics:
🥀 a deadly curse 🥀

song of the chapter:
🎤 celoso🎤

She stared at the wall, then back at her phone

She stared at the wall, then back at her phone. What could she do now? It wasn't the best to sleep as the gloves would fall out and freeze her bed.

But she couldn't use her phone. Her gloves affected the way she holds her phone. Which definitely meant she can't touch her phone screen at all.

She was getting by the minute. She couldn't even call her friends to rant. Good thing for her brain, she thought of using the Google home her parents got her.

"Hey Google, go to youtube" Eva commanded.

She honestly hadn't used it before so she was kind of just winging it but has been videos on how people used it.

"Hey Google, click on the first video" She continued to 'order' the google assistant, choosing her videos to pass time.

Just then, she realized she should text the group chat on what was going on. She had an inkling, a gut feeling that the person behind Chase's and Iris' swap had something to do with her freezing curse.

"Hey Google, text the group chat, Seven deadly sins, I have something to tell y'all. Anyone meet at 7?" She continued to instruct the google assistant, sometimes frustrated by the typo errors.

After many attempts, the message was sent and she hoped for the best, continuing a youtube binge-watching session.

Before she knew it, it was past 5, 5.21 to be specific and her parents were back from work.

A little background information on them- they both co-own the business they built from scratch since their twenties. It was a food and beverage business and opened several chains
of outlets.

"Eva Honey. We are back!" Her mother, Amanda shouted from the living room.

"Coming mom!" She yelled, not before commanding the google assistant to shut off youtube.

Eva was careful with the way she opened the door. She didn't want to accidentally freeze the door or it would cause even more problems.

Eva slowly walked down the stairs. carefully not to trip or freeze anything before running to the living room where her parents were.

"So can I see your powers?" Amanda asked.

"Sureeee. I'll get an unused pen" Eva said, hopping off to the coffee table where laid many unused pens.

The Miller family had a bad habit of leaving stationery, pens especially, lying around the house.

It wasn't their proudest achievement but what could they do. At the end of the day, it was their house.