XXVII

WC:1215

4k reads

3rd Person

The players swam for everything they were worth. The threat of perma-death wasn't that out of the question, after all, they'd just seen these entities force their way into the whitelisted server without permission. They were clearly stronger than Xisuma's admin commands so Quetta and Grian's other persona Xelqua was probably their only hope.

They stuck together as they made their way through the ocean. Careful not to die or get injured. When they finally made it to Grian's giant flower pot, Quetta was bobbing through the water towards them.

"Sorry, this might take a second." He called as he got closer. "I'm still stuck with the old swimming styles." When Quetta reached them, he quickly led the players down the 'hidden' corridor that had been left open by Mumbo who'd never had the chance to close it until now. "In here," he ordered, pointing at the locked door.

"But it's locked and every time we try to get in something stops us..."

"Making connecting already? It's the same type of magic that kept you in there. Expect this time, we have permission from the caster to enter." He pushed open the door and walked through without trouble. "Hurry up." The players obediently followed him into the infinity room.

"Why didn't he want us coming in here?" Asked Iskall. "I mean, I guess he was trying to hide from us but what's so bad about this room?"

"Well you see, he only recently took out the more dangerous stuff. If you'd gone in here without him before everything was player-proofed, there's a good chance someone would've gotten hurt or discovered something about his past." Quetta walked over to a bookcase and pulled out a random book. See? Right here, the book of blood magic. No player could get their hands on something like this." He put the book away and turned back to the players. "While we're relatively safe, do you have any questions I can answer?"

"What do you mean by 'discovered something about his past'?"

"Are you serious? After all this, you don't think something bad happened to him? Something he doesn't want you to know about. He's been mentally unstable for... I don't know, a really long time, and you didn't think he had some skeletons in his closet?" The players fell silent because of course, they would, you wouldn't know what to say if you found your friend was insane either.

"I'm sorry, WHAT?!" Shouted Xisuma after a minute of silence. "You're telling us, Grian, was unstable? Call me the crazy one, but I don't believe you."

"I mean, he was part of the Japanese Mafia group called the Yakuza. And he stormed in and killed, everyone in the base he was at. And that was just his high school years. Let me tell you, he is scary."

"You knew him in high school? I thought you said you met at the mansion but that was only a month ago."

"His magic sent out some mental screenshots while he was recovering. Anyone in the vicinity saw them. Lucky it was usually just me but the Onoro, Irka, and his healer have all seen a few snapshots. When we asked if he wanted us to wipe our memories but he was fin-"

"Are all just going to ignore the fact that Grian has magic?" Asked Doc.

"You saw what he did just now. I think we'd all believe just about anything."

"Can't augre with that. Go on, Quetta."

"As I was saying, he didn't mind us knowing. Don't really know why though, it was pretty messed up."

"Can we see?"

"No. We almost went insane from seeing them, and we were born into a life of magic and war. Plus, I don't think he'd want you to see." Suddenly, a wild Isabelle appeared.

"You guys are getting boring to write about. I'm going to write about Grian now."

"Wait, what's happening to him?! Is he ok?! Will he survive?! Is he hurt?!" - Mumbo

"Calm down, Mum-bo. No one knows what's going on out there 'cause I'm here writing this conversation. I'll send him back here when he does what I need him to do. But you can watch the fight because why not."

"Ok"

Grian's Point of View

After sending the players off with Quetta I ran immediately for Zuck. He was half-heartedly attacking the Onoro with about 20 other Watchers. Being the completely rational person that I am, I sheathed my sword and pushed him away while yelling at him.

"ALEXANDER VOID!" (Full name, scary.) "YOU BETTER SNAP OUT OF THIS OR SO HELP ME I WILL BREAK THE LAWS OF TIME AND SPACE, GO TO YOUR CHILDHOOD, FIND OUT EVERY SINGLE EMBARRASSING STORY ABOUT YOU AND EXPOSE THEM TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW!" He just stared at me, confused.

"You know that's impossible right?"

"Are you challenging me, Alex?"

"No."

"I think that was a challenge."

"No, it wasn't."

"I'M GONNA DO IT!"

"Oi! You're getting off track! And the fourth wall is going to need therapy because I broke twice in one part!"

"Then don't break it again!"

"AAAARRRGGGGHHH! Just start fighting already!"

"Ok ok, fine" I lunged at him with my magic forming into claws as my weapons. "As I was saying. Snap out of it, or else."

"Or else what, coward?" He asked while dodging my attack and making claws of his own.

"Uh Oh, look who's talking. You're too afraid of your own emotions to make up with your brother. You wouldn't make any friends because you were scared they wouldn't be liked. If I remember right, you wouldn't even confess to your crush because they whispered something to their friend while you were taking a test one time. They were asking for the answers and I told you that because I was sitting next to them, yet you didn't believe me. You thought they were talking about you." I tackled and pinned his arms down with my knees. "Need I go on?"

I grabbed the mask and tried to dig my fingers under it. He struggled and tried to get out but my grip was unbreakable because of the claws. It defiantly had a stronger hold on him than the others. Of course, they'd make him the hardest to break out.

"I guess we'll just have to do this the hard way then." I tapped into some Fae power that e Irka had me practicing to summon magic infused tree roots to hold him down.

He still thrashed around for a bit. "Stop resisting me, I'm only trying to help you." Eventually, I managed to get it off but I knew from experience that their hold would stay for a few minutes longer. "I guess we wait then."

And, cut.

That was so bad but oh well.

THIS TO ALL THE PEOPLE THAT READ AND RESPONDED TO MY RANT AT THE END OF MY LAST PART. I'M FINE. IT WAS JUST ONE NIGHT OF NO SLEEP. IT AFFECTED ME BADLY BECAUSE MY SLEEPING HABITS ARE HEALTHY.

And, and, and, also, also, also. I'm going back and rewriting my older parts but I won't change anything plot-related but they will be a bit different.

Cheers,

Isabelle