VII

"Wait! Grian! Wait up!" I heard Mumbo shout. I didn't listen, I was halfway through the nether portal and all I could he was the weird sounds that come from the portal when I saw Mumbo spriting at me.

I went through the portal just as he reached me. Know I only had a few seconds before he caught up I chugged a speed potion and took off down the hall.

"GRIAN!" He screamed after me, I could always outfly him but I couldn't show my wings and my elytra doesn't fit. No, had to get to my base and set up protections.

"Go away Mumbo!" I shouted back.

"Come on Grian! Let's talk about it!"

"NO! Just go away or I'll have to take precautions!"

"GRIAN PLEASE, STOP!"

I kept running, while I was running I decided to drink an invisibility potion. I reached my nether portal, I saw him looking around confused that I had disappeared. I stepped out into the overworld, only to find Iskall and Scar waiting for me.

"When do you think he'll get here?" Asked Iskall

Ding

"That'll be Mumbo."

They looked down at their commutators and started texting. Then I pulled a ladle move and backed into one of my chests, knocking it over and giving away my position.

"Over there."

"Get Mumbo." 

Without stopping to see whether or not they were coming, I ran through the entrance of the library. I muttered the same spells I used a week ago to keep them out. I ran straight over to a shulker box that I had ready, just in case I ever had to leave on short notice, like right now.

"GRIAN! CAN YOU HEAR US?!" I heard Mumbo shout from the entrance. You see, when I did the spell that before I had accidentally cast it backwards, so instead of me being able to hear what was going on outside, anyone outside could hear what was going on inside.

I walked over to the tunnel leading into the library, only to see them at the other end banging on the invisible wall I made. I briefly took down the spell stopping them from hearing me.

"Leave me alone. You've already compromised the library."

"Grian, please. Just tell us what's going on?" - Mumbo

"I'm afraid I can't do that." - Grian

"But why not? What's stopping you?" - Iskall

"If I did, you'll all perma-die." - Grian

"WHAT!" - Scar

"Just don't try and find me and they'll leave you and the other hermits alone." - Grian

"Who will? Grian please, we can help you." - Mumbo

I turned the spell back on and shook my head.

"Trust me, you can't. If you try they'll kill you all, just like they killed them." 

I ran back to the library and out of sight from them. I gathered up anything magical or I shouldn't really have, and shoved it in another shulker box. Then I took a secret elevator all the way up to my aviary, I installed it after I started talking to my birbs, they needed to tell me important stuff sometimes, like when someone was coming or when it was night.

"Hey, Grian. It's a bit early to fly don't ya think?" Asked Ari immediately.

"Change of plan Ari. I need to leave. Now!"

"What? Where are we going?"

"I need to go to the Woodland Mansion, it's the only place I can get the information I need if I can't keep using the library. You guys don't have to come with me, but I'm gonna let you guys out, ok?"

"I'm coming with you Grian." Said Ari.

"It's a good thing I packed birb seed then. Let's get going, Mumbo, Iskall and Scar are downstairs looking for me. They'll be up here soon."

I took down the glass window that kept in all the pesky birbs, it must have taken a while because, by the time all the other birbs were out Mumbo, Iskall and Scar were on their way up. I saw them equipping their elytras, Mumbo bought me some time though, the spoon couldn't activate his elytra so Iskall and Scar had to do a fly-by and pick him up.

"GRIAN!" Shouted Mumbo up at me.

"Just leave me alone!" I shout back.

"Come on Grian! Just talk to us, we're only asking because we care for you." - Scar.

"And I'm not answering for your own safety." - Grian

I pulled out a note I prepared earlier and left it on the ground where I knew they would find it.

"Ok Ari, let's go."

"I'll be right behind you."

I backed up to the wall to get a running start.

"GRIAN!"

I yelped, Iskall and Scar just dropped Mumbo right next to me. Scar and Iskall shot straight up onto the roof. With no time to waste, I ran at the opening in the far wall. But before I could reach Mumbo grabbed the back of my sweater and pulled me back in. I let out a gasp of pain as my wings got crushed between us. I saw Iskall and Scar also landed next to us and added to the bone-crushing hug.

"Let me go!" I demanded.

"Not until you explain." - Scar

"I already told you, they'll kill you!" - Grian

"We don't care Grian. Just tell us, please. We won't tell anyone." - Iskall

"Yeah, what he said." - Mumbo

"ARI HELP!" I screamed. Ari heard me and then every birb that had been hanging around suddenly swarmed them and they let go of me in surprise. I ran out of the window and jumped. I let myself fall for a second before I realised I wasn't wearing my modified sweater so my wings couldn't spread. My watcher instincts kicked in and I pulled off my sweater just in time to spread my wings to their full span and push down with all my might.

As you can tell I gave up on conversations so if there is no shouting or whispering then I'll just write it as '"Example Words" - Example Person'. This is quite short but I plan on making them slightly shorter than previous ones, sorry.

WC:1054

Cheers,

Isabelle