XX (Xisuma)

Part 20, wow, I didn't expect it to get this far. I thought I'd give up by 10 but 20? I wanted to have a cover ready for this but as it turns out when I try to draw it comes out looking like a toddler covered themselves in paint and rolled all over some paper. So I kinda gave up because I don't want to give people nightmare fuel. So instead I decided to use one from google. What do you think of this one?

This was done by stargaazinglilly on Tumblr. They do amazing art and I suggest you go check them out.

https://stargaazinglilly.tumblr.com/post/614425967242379264/fan-art-for-fic-the-weight-of-lies-link-to

Also, Grian was already mostly healed so they only needed a healing potion and to be in nature because he's a fae.

Word Count: 1155

Once Grian was healed enough to not be at risk of dying but not good enough for travel, Scar and I started to question him, again.

"Why were you at the Mansion?" He just stared at me blankly. We asked a few more questions but still got no answer.

"Tell him about your dream." - Scar

"Grian, a few nights ago I had a DD," He looked up at me when I said that. "You were being interrogated by the illusioners at the mansion. You said some stuff about someone or something that wants to destroy this server, I like to know about this sort of thing." Grian snorted.

"What do you think I kept running from? My past is catching up to me, it was putting you guys in danger, especially since you know as much as you do, so I ran. I was getting some help from the illagers since my defences are failing. I'm the only thing stopping this server from being destroyed."

"Grian, this is a whitelisted server, nothing can get in unless I allow it." He laughed at that.

"Your code might stop the average player but I'm not dealing with your average players. Your codes are more like a red light, they're more like a suggestion. Trust me, you've got no idea what you're dealing with. Just stay out of my way and I'll get them out of here before they even get in."

"Right now, you couldn't beat a snow golem. You need rest, you need sleep." Scar picked him up and took him to his bed, Grian struggled the whole time but Scar was much stronger when G wasn't going all glowy.

Once he was in bed I threw a splash potion at him like the one I used on Scar but stronger and mixed with a healing potion.

"I'm worried for him, Xisuma. Have you felt how light he really is? Anything could have happened while he was in there." Scar said after Grain fell asleep.

"I'm sure he's not that light. Here," I brought up one of my Admin panels to show Scar Grian's health status. "This is his body weight-" I hadn't checked it myself. Grian was barely 50 kg (It's 2:30 am right now so I'm not translating for you Americans, you can work it out, but that's extremely underweight for his height and age, especially since it includes wings.) "When was the last time he ate?" I wondered out loud. I checked his food levels and-

He hadn't eaten for at least a week, I stopped looking after the 10th day. "They-they were starving him." Scar's eyes mimicked Keralis's. "Get some food, he'll want to eat when he wakes up." Scar left without question, I stayed with Gri, watching over him as he slept.

"Well, that's not creepy at all."

"Who said that?"

"Me, Isabelle, the author."

"Stop it, you're breaking the fourth wall again."

"Oops, one sec, let me fix that. 'I must have fallen asleep off because Isabelle was never here, she was just a dream.' There, much better."

"You can't do that-"

"Hush, I was never here, remember."

"But-"

"Time Skip!"

Timeskip

I must have fallen asleep off because Isabelle was never here, she was just a dream. Anyways, I was woken up by Scar who shook me out of my seat.

"Psst, psst, are you awake?"

"Well, I am now," I grumbled. "What do you want?"

"Grian's waking up. I thought you'd want to be up for this."

"Yeah, you have food?" He gestured to a tray full of different foods sitting next to the bed. "Per-" Grian cut me off by shooting up from his bed, panting and wide-eyed. "Grian!" I called.

"Zucky?" He glanced at me in shock. "Oh, that's weird. I thought I heard him." He tried to pull himself out of bed but Scar pushed him back in.

"Have some food first. You must be hungry." Scar tried to hand Grian the tray of food but he pushed it back, Scar was having none of that. "You need food, eat." Again, Grian resited. "Eat something right now or I'll tell the others when you last ate!"

"When was the last time he ate?" Mumbo was standing in the doorway. He must've overheard us.

"He hasn't eaten in at least 10 days, according to his health stat-" Mumbo didn't let me finish. He rushed over, grabbed some bread from the tray and started force-feeding it to Grian.

"You will eat and I'm gonna make sure of it." He tried to fight back but the small man lost the battle and accepted the bread. "See? It's not that bad." The builder just glared at him. He mumbled something under his breath. "What was that?

"I said I have eaten. It just didn't register to the system because I was in the mansion." -Grian

"Makes sense. But then how do you explain why you only weigh 50 kg? That's including the wings." - Scar

"I'm small."

"Not 50 kg small!"

"Flying takes a lot of energy."

"You've been in a cell for who knows how long!"

"It was only a week."

"You went in a month ago!" 

"I-" Before he could continue his protests Joe burst in.

"Grian, glad you're up but the illagers are attacking!" We got up and grabbed our swords. Grian tried to get up but Mumbo held him down.

"You are staying here. We'll take care of this." The older man still tried to squirm out of his grasp but Mumbo held him tight. "Xisuma, he's not going to stay here." I wordlessly gave Mumbo a splash potion of sleep. "Thanks. Stop struggling G. This is for your own good." He threw the potion and Grian lay limp. 

We left Grian in bed and went to deal with the invasion.

Done!

Ummm... I kinda made a one shot book. It is literally just the random stuff that spawns in my head when I try to make a part of this. None of it is proofread and nothing makes sense but you can check it out if you want. Here,

https://www.wattpad.com/story/261697716-grian-oneshots-mostly-if-not-all-angst

Cheers,

Isabelle