XXI (3rd Person)

My internet went out the other day so this will be short because I only have today and a couple of hours at school. Sorry.

Quetta is she/her.

Word Count:940

The illusioners were waiting in the middle of the hermits' campsite. There was only three of them and five hermits there. Well, technically there was six but there was no way they would let him out of his room while the illagers were here.

"What do you want?" Xisuma growled at them. "I'm giving you to the count of ten to be out of here before we attack."

"Calm down. We just want him back." Said the Onoro, calmly.

"Over our dead bodies! If you want to get to him you'll have to go through us." Yelled Mumbo.

"Why don't you ask him. He'll want to come with us, I assure you."

"Sure sure. But get outta here, NOW!"

"Not without him!" Roared Quetta, "If you're watching him then he won't be able to fix your mistakes. And we can't fix it because if we alter his spell we'll take the whole burden of his spell and he's the only one who can handle that level of magic!" Quetta slipped into Galactic which meant she was really mad.

"Umm, I have no idea what you just said but the answer is no."

"Just let us speak with him and then we'll go."

"No, you will go now."

"Not without speaking with him."

"And we said no. I won't repeat it another time. GET OUT NOW!"

"What are you guys doing here?" Grian was standing in the doorway of his room, having listened to the last part of the conversation. "If you wanted to talk you could've-"

"OI!" Shouted Iskall, "GET BACK IN THERE AND DON'T COME OUT UNTIL WE SAY YOU CAN." Grian visibly flinched when he shouted which didn't go unnoticed by anyone.

"No, I'm fine. Oh, hey Quetta. What are you doing here? I understand Irka and the Onoro but I wasn't expecting you."-Grian

"What, you think I can't handle a mission? Say that to my face!"-Quetta

"Quiet down, Quetta. We are here to discuss a very serious matter. Not for your endless bickering."-Onoro

"Oh yeah? And what would that matter be?"-Scar

"Xelqua's defensive spell, of course. It's failing because someone stabbed him." Quetta glared at Xisuma, "He was only trying to help the moustache man."

"Yeah right. But Iskall's right, get back inside."-Xisuma

"One second." He turned to the illusioners. "How bad is it?"

"None of us can take the burden of your spell without passing out imminently from magical exhaustion."

"How long do we have until they get in?"

"A few hours? Maybe less."

"(Insert Bad Word Here), she was right."

"Will you come back to fix it?"

"Yeah, I'll come back."

"You should say goodbye first though. Maybe explain some stuff so they don't come looking for you again."

"Ok, alright" Grian turned back to the hermits. "I have to go. Don't come looking for me this time. I'll be fine, trust me."

"Why. What did they tell you?"

The youngest hermit did not reply, he only smiled sadly before walking over to join the illusioners. "Let's go."

"Glad to have you back, Xel!" Said Quetta while she playfully ruffled his hair. "It's been very dull without you." She put an arm around him and steered him towards the forest where a portal was waiting to take them back to the mansion.

Mumbo ran forward and grabbed Grian's arm. "What are you doing? Get away from her!" He cried.

"Mumbo," said Grian calmly while turning to face him. " It's ok. I'll be fine."

"No, you won't!" Grian continued to try and pull away from the older man's strong grip. "What did you do to him?" This time it was directed at the illusioners.

"We told him the truth. We have no reason to lie to him." Quetta wrapped her arms protectively around Grian (666 words as I wrote that. Also, this a little bit shippy but I'm thinking of it in more of a sibling-like way but take as you want.) "Isn't that right, Xel?"

"Get off him!" Iskall ran in and lunged at Quetta. But she sidestepped, pulling Grian and Mumbo with her. Iskall ended up taking down Mumbo instead.

"Guys, stop," begged Grian. "Just go back to the island, please. Don't worry about me, I'll be fine."

"You've put him under a spell or something, haven't you," said Xisuma. He was also grabbing Grian and pulling him away from the illagers.

"Ah no, we haven't." She counted and yanked him back towards her.

"Yes, you have." Scar joined in, grabbing Grian's arm and pulling him closer.

"No, we haven't." Irka did the same.

"You did." Joe.

"Didn't." Onoro.

"DID!" Another yank from the hermits.

"DIDN'T!"

"DID!"

"Stop." Grian's voice was lost in the game of tug of war that had started over him. "Please."

"DIDN'T!"

"DID!"

"DIDN'T!"

"Stop it!"

"DID!"

"Please!"

"DIDN'T!"

"DID!"

"ENOUGH!" Grian sent waves of golden magic at the hermits which sent them flying back to the tents. "STOP IT!" He yelled, "I appreciate that you're concerned about me but I really am fine. Just, go back to the island. The others will be getting worried."

"But-"

"No buts. Just go. Straight back. Don't come after me again."

"Gr-" Joe was cut off by his stern glare. "Why?"

The builder shook his head, "Just trust me, ok." He turned his back on the hermits and walked into the forest with the illusioners who flanked him like an escort.

Sorry this is so late .