XXV

3k now. What The. Actual. Hell.

And first in #evilx.

WC: 1590

When EX threw me to the ground to join the circle around Grian, I was completely forgotten. They were all focused on whatever Grian was doing but since he said he was going with his last resort it couldn't be good. No one would notice if I slipped away and ran. But then I'd be abandoning everyone else to whatever they had planned for them.

Instead, I snuck away and into a nearby shop that had all the weapons and armour I would need. I quietly equipped some god-armour and grabbed an enchanted diamond sword. When I came back out I saw what Grian was doing in the circle.

He had a mask similar to the ones the other people were wearing in his hand and was slowly raising it to his face. The army seemed to be egging him on, so I guess this was what they wanted from him. The mask was almost to his face when I made my move.

I shouted, "Grian, no!" at them, making them all look to me, including Grian. While they were turning around I took that opportunity to swing my sword at the closest one to me and hopefully do some damage.

My sword landed but didn't seem to make a difference to them. They looked at the weapon sticking out of their chest and pulled it out with ease. Next thing I knew I was flying across the Shopping District. The army was walking towards me with their weapons drawn. I saw a red figure behind them get launched into the air and land a few meters in front of me.

It was Grian. He launched himself, using the power of his wings, to beat the army to me.

His wings flared up protectively and shielded me from sight. He had his own weapon drawn. I must've hit my head or something because it looked like it was made of obsidian. Grian was standing over me in a fighting stance and was growling at the army whenever they tried to get closer.

"You idiot, Mumbo." He hissed at me. "You should have run while you had the chance." Then he switched to Galactic when another one got a little too close, "ℸ ̣ 𝙹⚍ᓵ⍑ ⍑╎ᒲ ᔑリ↸ ╎'ꖎꖎ !¡ᒷ∷ᒲᔑ-ꖌ╎ꖎꖎ ||𝙹⚍!"

"I couldn't just leave you behind like that," I protested.

"I could've taken it. Now I've got to get to the players before they do." He turned around and beat his wings a few times which sent the army flying back but I knew they'd recover in no time. Grian roughly grabbed my arm and pulled me to my feet. "This time you need to run. I can't get the players and protect you at the same time."

"I won-" He cut me off with his stern glare. I was debating whether or not to listen to him and run when an ender portal looking thing appeared behind him. "Grian watch out!" He turned his head just in time to see three figures falling out of it.

"Sup' Xel. What'd we miss?" The same illager from the other night and took Grian away was now standing by his side, but now as his ally. (Quetta; he/him)

"Nothing much. You're just in time for the real action. And what took you so long? I left like five hours ago."

"We told you." The female illusioner said in an irritated voice as if she'd had this conversation many, many, times before. "The portal needed to charge up for such a long jump. But anyway, what's our situation?"

"About twenty-odd players inside there and one player here." Why did he keep referring to us as players? I mean we were but he spoke as if he wasn't one himself. We already knew he probably wasn't but what caused the sudden change?

"We'll hold them while you get them out of there." Said the man.

"But-"

"We can't break a Watchers spell. Only another Watcher can do that. Like it or not, you're the only one who can."