XIII

I just came back from school camp and everything hurts.

I saw the mansion just before the birbs but PB beat me to calling it.

"There!"

"PB! Not in my ear." 

"Sorry, just a bit excited."

The mansion wasn't the best looking thing I've ever seen. But it wasn't the worse. It was square-based and default. I mean, it was a default build but that wasn't the point.

"We should wait for tomorrow after I rest up for a bit." - Grian

"We can wait. You need to get some rest. You'll need your strength in case we have to fight." - Ari

"Ok, Mum." - Grian 

"Oii!" Ari didn't seem to mad but I still set up another little base to rest up. This one wasn't as big or detailed so I didn't disturb the illagers, just a small wooden hut. It looked like the sort of thing I'd build if it was my first night and I was just trying to escape the mobs.

I only just managed to place down a bed before I collapsed onto it.

"Alright, Ari, PB. You know the deal, wake me if anything happens, be back in here before night, and don't go anywhere near the mansion." - Grian

"We got this dear, you just get some sleep." - Ari

"Yeah, your worrying over nothing, trust us." - PB

"I know, I know. I'm just, concerned. Parrots aren't native around here so they might try to hurt you if you're too suspicious-" 

"Go to sleep!" When Ari starts ordering you around like that, you listen. I murmured some ok's and passed out for who knows how long.

Time Skip

When I woke up the birbs were sleeping on a perch I set up for them when I built the hut. They were huddled together like two lovebirbs. I took a couple of pictures of them on my communicator for blackmail reasons. I must have been snickering a little too loudly because I only got a couple of photos before they woke up.

"Hey! What are you doing? Delete those!" - PB

"No, I'm hanging on to these, just in case." - Grian

"Good morning, boys. Grian, you can sit back down until you've eaten something!" - Ari

"I don't need food. I fine, let's get going." - Grian

"Pull up your sweater then." - Ari

I pull it up so Ari could look at, whatever she wanted to look at. She made a disapproving sound, like a mother who's child just did something stupid.

"Grian, have you looked at yourself lately? You're wasting away! If you think I'm gonna let you step foot in that mansion without eating breakfast then you are sorely mistaken!" - Ari

"I hate to admit it but she has a point. When was the last time you were a healthy weight?" - PB

"I'm fine guys, really. It just takes a lot to fly at my speeds." Despite my protests, I was fighting a losing battle. In the end, they got me to eat double what I would usually eat in a full day for breakfast. Then they finally said we could go to the mansion. 

I decided to walk there, it was only a couple hundred blocks away. Besides, if they saw me, which they would, they would probably think I was attacking them or something. I also disguised the birbs just in case. I only brought my sword with me, but I kept it on display, they might think I was trying to attack if I disguised it. If they asked me to drop my weapon I would, I could always defend myself with my magic if need be.

I was going to be diplomatic about this. They may be my only hope of protecting the server without using the mask. If I explained what was going on and what my intentions were there were three ways this could play out. 

Best case scenario, they hate the watchers to and help me.

They just turn me away and have no part in this, the watchers were a massive force of destruction after all.

 Worst case scenario, They attempt to capture me, they might side with the watchers, in which case they would give me over to them or force a mask on me.

I didn't like my odds but it was my only hope so I went with it.

After about fifteen minutes of forest, it cleared out to make way for the mansion. There were two pillagers standing guard outside the doors so I decided this was the time to show my side. My wings were hidden and my sword was sheathed. I walked out in front of them with my hands in the air.

"Don't shoot!" I screamed. They seem confused but they didn't shoot me.

"Who are you and why are you here?" Demanded pillager 1.

"My name is Grian and I'm here to talk. I have no intention of harming anyone. The only weapon on me is this sword." My voice was calm despite the situation.

"He's not lying." Said the second pillager in Galactic, then he turned to me. "What do you want to talk about?"

"Surely you've felt it? The watchers have found this server. They want to destroy it. I am the only one protecting it but my defences are failing, they managed to send through a single spell." I unfolded my wings, they took a step back as I stretched them to there max. "It got me and even now they are trying to send more. Unfortunately, my main base on operations was discovered by the hermits. If I want to keep protecting this server I need to learn how to control my new fae powers and I need some help. They won't spare anything on the server. Will you help me?"

They stared at each other in what I could only assume was a mental conversation. "We'll take you to the Onoro and Irka, they'll decide." 

"One more thing? I have two birbs with me. Can they come in?"

"No. Come on. We'll need that sword and we'll have to bind you before you come in." I handed them my sword. The pillagers pulled out some rope and tied my hands, arms and wings to my back.

They led me through the mansion, but not before putting a bag over my head so I couldn't see, they sat me down after we went down a flight of stairs. I could feel stone bricks underneath me and when I reached my hand out to feel something else to tell me where I was I felt a bar, an iron bar. They had put me in a cell.

"Stay here. We'll inform the Onoro. They'll be down here soon." 

"It's not like I can go anywhere. Can you at least move me off the iron, please? I'm a fae, iron burns me." I heard a grunt and something roughly grabbed me a moved me forward. "Thanks" I mumbled. 

I don't know how long I was down there in the dark but it was long enough for me to wonder if this was a good idea or not. Eventually, I heard many footsteps. The footsteps stopped around where I estimated to be outside of my cell. When whoever was there spoke, they spoke in Galactic.

"He's still awake! Knock him out!" Then something hit me in the side of the head and I slipped into unconsciousness.

Sorry this is kinda rushed again and I'm sick of making excuses but I had school camp and now that I'm back everything aches and I can't think straight. But I had to get a COVID test so I'll be home all day today so I'll be working on next week's. I'll try to make it extra long part or two parts to make up for these crappy ones but at least the plot moved forward this time so yay.

Seriously, thank you for reading this.

WC:1335

Cheers,

Isabelle

When Past Meets the PresentOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara