XII

There will be some mild fluff in this chapter(Shiping not intended but maybe there). Also, this chapter is mainly filler because school was more hectic than I thought and the internet at school stopped working so I'm working on getting WattPad to work on my laptop without internet.

Time skip brought to you by Bob the Good Titan, Bob says hello. (Does anyone get that reference? If you did; Sorry, Not Sorry, Muahahaha!)

For the past couple of weeks, we'd all followed a cycle. I would fly as fast as I could for as long as I could before building a small base where I would rest up for a day or two while PB and Ari kept a lookout, I cast a spell on them so they could see anyone even if they used an invis, and then we'd fly off as soon as I had enough strength.

Sometimes we had some close calls like the incident with Joe, but now that I wasn't casting any harder spells like when I located the mansion since I when I did that I was fighting another's magic, plus I was getting better at flying so I didn't need as much sleep so they barely ever caught up. And when they did he knew in advance thanks to the bribs so I was either out of there by the time they arrived or I magically hid us and we snuck out.

We were about one more flight away from the WM when I was a bit sloppy when they caught up to us, Ari and PB told me the hermits were coming up on the base.

"They're about a hundred blocks away. They'll see you if we just fly away and then they'll chase you down and then they'll-" - PB

"Oh calm down Beak. Have you forgotten that Grian can cast an invisibly spell on us? They'll never see us leaving." - Ari

"Oh yeah. Well, I just woke up, I'm still half asleep." - PB

"Shush you two, I'm trying to concentrate." - Grian

I cast the spell just as the doors burst open and a dishevelled looking Mumbo walked in.
"Grian!" He cried. "Please! If you can hear me just listen! Don't go to the mansion, whatever you want from there is not worth it!" He broke down in tears, he called out my name, his voice sounded hollow and desperate. I felt a rush of emotions that brought tears to my eyes.

"Come on Grian, we need to leave, now!" - PB

"But, Mumbo." I used such a small voice I was surprised that the birbs heard me.

"If they catch us they'll make you tell, and then we'll all be in danger! They'll be better off without knowing anything." - Ari

"You guys get out of here, I'll be there I a second. I'm gonna check up on him, make sure he's alright." I whispered ordered to the birbs, thankfully they listened and flew out of the room.

I sprinted over to Mumbo and began comforting him.

Mumbo's PoV

I fell to my knees, sobbing. At the speeds that Grian flew, he would be around the WM in one more flight. We might be able to get to him before he went in of course. But more likely we would be too late and he'd be in and probably perma-dead by the time we got to there.

"Grian." I cried out to no one. I was sent to check the house while the others flew around the skies to try to spot him incase he'd already flown away.

"It's alright, Mumbo. I'm here." I heard Grian voice but I didn't believe he was there. I must have been imagining his presence. "Look up Mumbo. I'm right here. It's me, Grian." I looked up but I didn't see him yet I felt him place his hand on my shoulder.

"Gri-Grian? Where are you? I can't see you!"

"Shhh! I'm right here." I felt his hand leave. Suddenly he was kneeling next to me, his hand was glowing with soft, buttery, golden light, rather than that harsh, radioactive looking stuff he used on Scar. "I'm here Mumbo, calm down."

"Grian? What do you want from the mansion? What could possibly be worth risking your life? The odds aren't in your favour. If you try to enter, you'll die. The illagers can probably perma-kill, and if not they'll capture you and experiment on you."

"They can't hurt me. This is just my second to last resort, and trust me. You don't want to see my last-last resort. This is for the safety of the hermits. I would willingly perma-die or be tortured if it meant you'd be safe." His wings, that I only saw once, were now half spread.

"You have wings. How long have you had wings?"

"Not very long. They're soft and warm. I like them, they let me fly."

"May I?" He nodded, I weakly reached out to touch them. G was right, there were incredibly soft. When I stroked them the feathers quivered slightly before the whole wing stretched out. They were massive. If he wanted to he could probably surround all five of the hermits that came in a hug. "They're beautiful." I murmured. Now it was Gri's time to break into tears.

"I'll miss you Mumbo. If I have to use my last resort I'll never see any of you again."

"Wait what! What's your last resort?"

"I give in. I can barter with them and they'll agree to leave the hermits alone, but I'll have to go along with them. It's me they're after anyway. If they can get me with as little resistance as possible they'll agree to my terms and you'll be safe."

"Who are 'They'? Please just listen to me. We can help you if you tell us. Grian please." G shook his head, he stood up to leave but something came to him. He grabbed my arm and pulled me into a hug. His wing folded around us, a snowstorm could have raged on around us and I wouldn't have noticed.

"Please don't make me do it. I'll miss you." He whispered in my ear. He stood up, wiped his eyes with his sleeve and ran towards the door. As he ran out of the room he started becoming invisible. It started at his feet but it crept over his whole body and he completely disappeared.

"I'll miss you too."

This is kinna a filler chapter but like I said before, school internet sucks. So I can only write for about an hour a day. Hopefully though, the internet stops being buggy and I can write again but until then they're going to be a bit rushed. I was watching KoV while I wrote this so now I feel like Grian was off so oops.

WC:1150

Cheers,

Isabelle