VIII (Scar)

Sorry, this isn't really a chapter it's more of just filler so it keeps repeating stuff from the last chapter throughout the entire chapter, but I wanted a little more angst in the end scene so I changed it up a bit.

When Grian ran from the golf game Iskall and I flew to Grian's megabase. When we got there we started closing off every escape we could think of, we dried up his elevators, blocked off the doors and we closed up the big hole that went down his entire base. We just finished up when Mumbo sent us a message.

<MumboJumbo> Guys, he just disappeared, probably an invis tho.

<GoodTimesWithScar> Did he go through the portal?

<MumboJumbo> Can't say for sure.

<Iskall85> Stay there, we'll text you if he's here

Then we heard a thud over by his 'storage system'.

"Over there." - Iskall

"Get Mumbo." -Scar

<Iskall85> He's here! Get you and your moustache over here right now!

<MumboJumbo> On my way

Mumbo ran out of the portal a few seconds later.

"Where is he?" - Mumbo

"Over by his chest monster." - Scar

"What are we waiting for? Let go!" - Iskall

We ran over to where we heard him. We looked around before I spotted a red sweater sleeve just as it disappeared behind a corner, his potion must have worn off.

"There!" I yelled. I heard a yelp as I caught him running through a piston door. I also heard muttering on the other side, Grian trying to keep us out like he did the other night.

I grabbed my pic and quickly broke the wall where Grian had just entered. We were only a few steps in when we ran into another invisible wall.

"GRIAN! CAN YOU HEAR US?! Mumbo yelled, right next to my ear mind you.

Grian turned a corner, his eyebrows were knitted together in concentration.

"Leave me alone. You've already compromised the library." - Grian

The library?

"Grian, please. Just tell us what's going on?" - Mumbo

"I'm afraid I can't do that." - Grian

"But why not? What's stopping you?" - Iskall

"If I did, you'll all perma-die." - Grian

Wait, perma-die?

"WHAT!" - Scar

Perma-death was a very serious thing. Even on hardcore servers, if you died in one of those you just get put in spectator mode and you can still leave to the main hub unless you were holding a totem of undying. The only way to truly die permanently was by entity magic.

"Just don't try and find me and they'll leave you and the other hermits alone." - Grian

"Who will? Grian please, we can help you." - Mumbo

"Trust me, you can't. If you try they'll kill you all, just like they killed them." - Grian

Them? Whose them?

"Wait, whose them?" I yelled at him. But it was too late, he already took off down the hall. We couldn't get through, but when we could hear him I had heard the sounds of a water elevator and soul sand.