Dumbledore turned and left the room making his way to the front door as I pushed Harry to follow the old man. Once we left the house, we walked down the path as I whispered to Harry, "Five, four, three, two..." I nudged him and turned back towards the door as it opened.

"All right. I'll do it."

Harry looked at me impressed as I focused back on Slughorn, "But I want Professor Merrythought's old office, not the water closet I had before."

Dumbledore nodded and turned to leave before the man began shouting again. "And I expect a raise. These are mad times we live in. Mad!"

Dumbledore sighed and nodded, "They are indeed. Oh and good call, Miss Grindelwald"

I nodded and smirked in a supercilious manner before we soon walked back out to where we arrived, however, Harry was starting to grow curious, stopping.

"Sir, what exactly was that about?"

"You are talented, famous, and powerful. Both of you. It's everything Horace values. Professor Slughorn is going to try and collect you, Harry. You would be his crowning jewel. As well as Miss Scarlett, you would be his most prized possession."

"I don't see how I would want to be an older man's 'prized possession,' I mean sir, I am my own person."

"Very true, Miss Grindelwald. As for your snarky remarks, best keep your humor to yourself, Horace is a very serious man." I sighed and nodded as Harry just snickered beside me.

"Anyways, that's why Horace is returning to Hogwarts. And it's crucial he should return."

We came to the center of the village and stood facing one another, "I'm afraid I may have stolen a wondrous night from you, Harry. She was, truthfully, very pretty... the girl."

I eyed Harry surprised as he rolled his eyes at me but smiled, nonetheless.

"It's all right, sir. I'll go back tomorrow, make some excuse."

"Oh, you won't be returning to little Whinging tonight, Harry."

"But, sir, what about Hedwig? And my trunk?"

I chuckled, "Harry, we live in a magical world, I'm sure both are waiting for you."

Dumbledore nodded and lifted his arms as I took hold along with Harry.

Once again, we were taken into the tube-like feeling of apparation. I smirked as I watched Dumbledore drop Harry in the nearby pond as he soon brought me not home, but just outside Spinner's End.

"I understand that Snape requested to see you before school begins again."

"Right... thank you, sir." He nodded, and soon he was gone again.

I walked around the corner and to the nearest door knocking as I waited to be let in. There was a shuffling behind the door until it opened, only to reveal Pettigrew.

"Miss Grindelwald, to what do we owe this pleasure?"

"Calm down, I just saw you." I scowled as he backed away. I rolled my eyes and pushed past him as I walked into the small home.

"Ahh, Scarlett, glad to see you made it." I smiled and was soon pulled into a hug by my godfather.

"What was so urgent that you need me to be here?"

"In a few moments, Narcissa and Bellatrix will arrive and try to get me to protect Draco."

"Why would you need to protect Draco?"

"Protect him from the Dark Lord." I listened as he continued, "In doing so, I know for certain that Bellatrix will doubt me, perhaps challenge me, test me."

"That's, that- you can't

"That's, that- you can't. I told Riddle to leave Draco alone, he has to. So why- why a test be necessary?"

"I must, and I cannot share anymore but you must trust me." I took a seat in the chair and watched as he paced the room, "You must know that if I fail-"

"It's an Unbreakable Vow, I know what happens if you fail. I can't lose you too, please. I need you. Look, I trust you, I do. But I need you."

"No, you don't. You think you do but you don't. I'll always be there for you, but I have to take the vow if she asks of it." I sighed and pushed back the threatening tears.

"Fine, do what you must. But if I lose you too, I can't promise you that someone won't get hurt."

"Scarlett," I let out an exasperated breath, meeting his eye, "I have loved you like my own, just as your uncle has as well."

"Oh, really, because when I went to see him, he was pretty certain he didn't want to see me."

"You went?" I nodded and he sighed taking a seat across from me, "You're uncle was trying to spare you any more hurt, he knows that he'll never escape, but know that he loves you."

A single tear slipped and fell down my cheek, "I know."

I wiped the tear away before standing up as he picked up the Daily Prophet. Only seconds later, there was a knock at the front door. I turned back to Snape, "Be careful. I'll see you soon." he nodded, and then I was gone.

Before landing myself back at home, Grindelwald Manor, lazily walking through the halls and towards my own room.

Soon enough, the darkness that surrounded me had lulled me into a night of sleep.