3; スマイル

Tomura stood next to the bar next to Bakugou, who was swinging his legs as he watched Tomura wash the dishes. He wondered how the boy would feel when he was back in his normal headspace. Would he be upset? Or would he be happy? Tomura couldn't even guess. In full honestly, he hadn't read a ton on littlespace, just enough to satisfy his curiosity on it. So he was stuck guessing. The kid had said he was four, so he was just treating him like a four year old. A teenager-sized four year old. 

"Shiggy?"

"What?"

"I have'ta go potty. Real bad" 

"Fine, comeon" He led the boy to the bathroom, letting the kid hold his sweatshirt to not fall.  behind.  He opened the door to the bathroom and gestured for the boy to go inside. 

Tomura huffed when the boy didn't move, "Do you know how?" 

The kid shook his head, "So–Sorry. I forgot..."

"That's okay," He gently pushed the boy forward into the bathroom with four fingers; flipping the light on with the other hand. "I'll wait right out here, you just gotta pull down your pants and sit down, okay?" 

"Can... Can you stay in here?" Tomura huffed, but went and sat on the counter next to the sink. He kept his eyes closed as the boy went. Perhaps he should look into how to care for the younger. No, he would, not should. They were villains, sure, but they were a family. And as the leader, it was his duty to make sure everyone was safe and happy. Dabi seemed to like children, perhaps he should... No. This kid was his responsibility. He wasn't handing over the kid to someone else who might do better. He would learn.

"All done!" 

"Did you pull your pants back up?"

There was a pause as the kid audibly struggled to quickly pull his pants up, "Yup" Tomura opened his eyes and the boy flushed the toilet. He hopped off the counter to let the kid wash his hands. He took note of the boy's motions, how the kid mouthed the abc song as he washed his hands, how he seemed to study his face in the mirror. 

"Good job" He hated how much the boy beamed. Had no one ever said that to him? "Let's head up to bed now"

"'M not tired" The kid murmured, but Tomura could see it. The exhaustion from the day that probably could've been hid but when you're four, you can't hide anything. 

"Yeah, yeah. Let's go"  The kid took his sweatshirt's material into his grasp as Tomura walked back to his room, feeling the slight tugging weight of the boy's grip whenever he took a step that was too fast. 

"Shiggy?" He hummed, "When I wake up, will you be mad?"

"Why would I be mad? You've done nothing wrong"

"I'll proba'ly be big then. Big me says naughty things"

"That's okay, I say things like that too"

"But–"

Tomura paused, turning to look the boy in the eyes, "You'll never be in trouble here, I won't be mad"

The kid held up a pinky, "Promise?"

"Promise" Tomura interlaced their fingers and shook on it. He opened the door to his room. It was dark and smelled strongly of his deodorant. The kid behind him sighed at something.

"Smells good" He heard the boy whisper and He felt proud. Why? He didn't know.

Word Count: 574