Escape

3rd Person POV

'This is our chance! He's distracted so we can get those few seconds of a head start!' Shoto thought pulling Eri as he ran faster towards the exit.

'Damnit! I let myself get distracted! Of course they're getting away Dabi!' Dabi mentally face palmed himself as he started chasing the two down the hall.

He would've been able to catch them if it weren't for a certain class, Bakguo had exploded his way through, Deku had used One for All to get there quickly, Can't Stop Twinkling used he quirk to get past, Uravity floated her way over, Creati created a long pole to fling herself to the scene, and Cellophane used his tape to swing over while the rest ran fairly quickly. Cellophane had Dabi wrapped up in tape and Aizawa had erased Dabi's quirk.

"Where are Eri and Todoroki?!" Deku questioned the villain.

"Why should I tell you?" Dabi grinned.

"Tell us or I'll use my quirk on you!" Deku yelled as his voice cracked.

"Heh, looks like you have some of emotional attachment to them, 'hero'." Dabi looked Deku dead in the eyes.

The green haired boy's eyes widened, 'What is this villain plotting? Why is he stalling?'

"Deku! Come on! We're going to try and find Eri and Shoto!" Aizawa snapped Deku out of his thoughts.

"Cellophane, Creati, Grape Juice, Tailman, stay here and make sure Dabi doesn't go elsewhere. Creati, do you know how to make quirk-canceling handcuffs?" Eraserhead turned to Creati.

"Yes sir." Creati quickly made quirk-canceling handcuffs and put them on Dabi.

"Ok, I'm going to leave him to you guys, make sure he doesn't get away." Eraserhead said.

"Yes sir!" The four of them piped up.

With that, they went and tried to find Eri and Shoto. After hours of searching they were bruised with cuts littering their bodies and many knocked out bodies of Overhaul's men on the floor but they couldn't find Eri or Shoto anywhere.

"We've searched everywhere! Where could they be?!" Uravity exclaimed.

"We're just going to have to get Dabi to fess up where he is, damn bastard." Bakugo grumbled.

"That's true, come on everyone, let's go back to the others." Eraserhead said sternly. Everybody followed, hoping Dabi would tell them, but that would be particularly hard to get him to.

Meanwhile With Eri and Shoto

Shoto put up an ice wall once they had run out the exit to stop more of Overhaul's men from chasing them. They found a spot further away from the base and sat down to take a rest. Eri was panting heavily while Shoto was also breathing heavily, had half of his shirt burnt off from using his fire side. Eri sat down to catch her breath and Shoto activated his fire side for he had frost covering his right side.

"Shoto? *pant* are we *pant* free from *pant* them now?" Eri asked trying to breath normally again.

"Yeah." Shoto sighed.

After they had steadied their breathing they decided to make their way to U.A., but there were still questions in Shoto's head. 'Why didn't they come? Did they forget? I'm pretty sure it doesn't take them more than a month to help somebody they know is in trouble...'

Eri and Shoto had managed to arrive at U.A. and Shoto both were now standing in the common room. Shoto knew what he wanted at this moment and he knew it wasn't what would happen if he didn't do something.

"Eri... I'm going to be leaving..." Shoto said.

"What?! Why??" Eri exclaimed.

"This isn't what I want to do, it isn't the path I want to take." Shoto responded. 'I don't want to take the path of a hero... too many are fake.'

Shoto grabbed a few pieces of paper, he started writing, he had one piece of paper for the entire class to read and and other separate ones for specific classmates.

After he finished writing he went up to his room and grabbed a picture of him and Eri with their classmates. In the picture Eri and everybody except Bakugo had bright wide smiles on their faces while Todoroki had just stared at the camera with a surprised expression.

He came back downstairs, grabbed a pen and wrote on the back of the picture, 'I'll always remember you guys, have a great rest of your life and keep smiling. -Shoto'

Shoto handed it to Eri, and then hugged her. The little girl started crying, she didn't know when or even if she'd ever see him again. The two eventually pulled out of the hug and Shoto gave her a small sincere smile.

"Bye Eri, I know you'll become a great hero one day." Shoto waved goodbye. 'She'll be a great hero... unlike those fakes.'

With that, Shoto walked out the door, maybe to never be seen again. Eri now could just wonder what the rest of 1-A's reactions will be.

823 Words

Welp, this is a piece of trash. The end of this book is only 1 or 2 chapters away, but I might do a sequel who knows? If you want me to do a sequel to this book just tell me and I'll do it!