Fears

3rd Person POV
At the Dorms

After the kidnapping U.A. had decided to keep Shoto Todoroki in the dorms with the other students. Endeavor had said yes so now Todoroki was almost done setting up his bedroom. He had a Japanese styled room since it reminded him of home and made it more comfortable. After a few minutes he was finished setting up his room, Izuku Midoriya, otherwise known as Deku had offered to help him but he denied. Todoroki had already needed to be saved by Deku and more and didn't want to be a burden. He headed downstairs to the common area to see Eri, Deku, Uraraka, Iida, Yayorozu, and Tsu sitting on the couch playing some sort of game.

"Oh, hey Todoroki!" Deku took notice of the teen.

'Hi' he signed

"Wanna play with us? We're playing Uno, we can teach you how to play!" Uraraka turned towards Todoroki.

"Yeah, we can start over and deal you in." Yayorozu said.

Todoroki hesitated for a bit, he didn't want to cause any trouble. He was guilty enough for the death of a certain hero that had come as well.

As Todoroki was about to respond with an 'If it's alright with you' the door burst open. Standing at the doorway was Eijiro Kirishima, Mina Ashido, and Denki Kaminari. (Sorry I just wanted to use full names for some weird reason)

Kaminari was holding a long stick in his hand with a big grin on his face.

"Hey Eri! Wanna play Slay the Dragon? It's a game we made up just for you and Bakugo agreed to be the dragon!" Kirishima exclaimed.

Eri didn't answer, she could only look at the stick in Kaminari's hand with wide fearful eyes. Kirishima turned to Todoroki to see if he knew what she was thinking but he had the exact same expression on his face. Everybody was confused, but that confusion soon turned into panic when Eri burst into tears screaming the word 'No' and Todoroki's breathing sped up. Deku, Uraraka, Tsu and Yayorozu went to comfort Eri while Kirishima, Ashido, and Kaminari tried to get Todoroki to calm down.

But when Kaminari got closer with the stick still in his hand Todoroki backed up as far away as he could.

"Hey, it's alright Todoroki, we're not gonna hurt you." Kirishima reassured him, but he could only concentrate on the stick.

Eventually Kirishima noticed Todoroki looking at the stick and Deku had noticed it too. Deku took the stick from Kaminari, broke it in half and threw it outside.

"There, is that better?" Kirishima turned to Todoroki.

He sighed and stood up.

'I'm sorry about that, it wasn't very mature.' Todoroki signed an apology.

"It's completely fine Todoroki! You can't help it, you don't need to apologize!" Kirishima exclaimed.

"Yeah, how about we do something else?" Uraraka asked.

"How about we eat something? Or have a drink, I'm quite thirsty." Yayorozu suggested.

"Sounds good, I'm a little hungry myself." Deku responded.

The 9 of them walked into the kitchen to get something to eat, or drink. Yayorozu decided she was going to drink a cup of tea so she grabbed the kettle and filled it with water. Todoroki hadn't noticed since he was busy pealing a banana. Yayorozu put the kettle on the stove and turned on the heat, after a few minutes the kettle started whistling. Todoroki turned and his eyes widened at the sight of the kettle. The loud whistling made him feel even more uncomfortable than the sight of the kettle.

"Todoroki?"

"Is he looking at the kettle?"

"Um, Todoroki? Everything okay?"

Todoroki felt immense pain right where his scar was, even though there was no boiling water being spilled onto his face he still felt the pain of it. He held his hand up to his scar and held it.

"What's going on with Todoroki?" Uraraka asked.

It took Deku a little bit but eventually the pieces fell together. He immediately ran to the kettle grabbed it and dumped the boiling water into the sink.

"Midoriya?! What are you doing? Is something wrong?" Yayorozu was confuse why he had dumped the water into the sink.

"It's Todoroki... he started holding his face where his scar is when he heard the kettle..." He whispered into Yayorozu's ear.

She gasped, "You don't think..." She trailed off.

Deku nodded.

Yayorozu took the kettle and hid it in a high cabinet.

"You know you're safe here... right Todoroki?"

745 Words

Hello! Thanks for reading this chapter! I couldn't think of anything else to do, I'm running out of ideas. If you have any ideas put them in the comments! It would help a lot, thanks! Have a great rest of your day!