Smile

3rd Person POV

It had been a week since the rescue. A few people are still in the hospital from all of the fights they had to win to get to Eri and Shoto. The heroes were surprised to find a teenage boy at the base just as much as Eri and Shoto were surprised to see people had found out where Overhaul's base was, maybe even more surprised. Shoto and Eri were in the same hospital room because they were used to being in the same room. Every day they were getting better, Eri's horn had shrunk and Shoto's horns and wings were almost gone completely. Eri and Shoto would sometimes talk but they didn't quite know what was going to happen to them so they thought about it themselves. Another week passed and Shoto's horns and wings had completely vanished without a trace, and Eri's horn was just a bit bigger then a bump. Now that they had control over everything they were allowed visitors. First only Lemillion and Deku visited because they were a bit jumpy and expected to see somebody with a bird mask every time the door opened. Shoto didn't like to talk, he was quite and was taught to not talk by his father and Overhaul unless permitted to. It was clear to Deku and Lemillion that it would be a fine physical recovery, but mentally, it would take a long time.

"Um... so... what, are your... names?" Shoto asked looking down. It was obvious he wasn't used to speaking.

"Oh! Right! You guys only heard our hero names! Well I'm Mirio and this is Midoriya." Mirio responded.

Shoto nodded as a response.

"What's gonna happen after we're healed?" Eri asked.

"I'm not too sure, but the school is thinking about it!" Midoriya answered.

"Ok."

"You know... NightEye always liked it when people smiled. How about we smile big and wide for him? I'm sure it'd make him super happy if he was here!" Mirio exclaimed.

Eri tried but coudn't, Shoto just sat there with a blank face.

"I think I forgot what smiling feels like..." Eri said sadly, tears welling up in her eyes.

"How about you Shoto? Why don't you give it a try?" Midoriya asked turning to Shoto while Mirio comforted Eri.

"Uh... wait... a smile..." Shoto was thinking deep.

"Do you not know what a smile is?" Midoriya asked.

"I know what it is... I don't remember what it looks like..." Todoroki trailed off.

"Oh! It looks like this!" Midoriya said demonstrating a smile.

"Oh... I don't really feel comfortable doing that..." Shoto said looking down.

"That's completely fine! Me and Mirio will teach both you and Eri to smile!" Midoriya exclaimed.

"T-That's nice..." Shoto responded.

One Week Later

Shoto and Eri were finally discharged from the hospital. Mirio, Principle Nezu, and Mr. Aizawa had come to pick them up and bring them to U.A.

"Hello Shoto and Eri, we are here to pick you up and afterwards you can have a tour of the school with Mirio and Midoriya who are at the school." Principle Nezu explained.

After Principle Nezu explained they all got into different cars and drove off to U.A. Once they arrived Mr. Aizawa brought them to the front of the 1-A dorms. Mirio was walking with Eri and Shoto when got there and everyone outside turned and saw Eri and Shoto standing there.

"Eri!" Midoriya exclaimed while running up to Eri.

When he reached Eri he was met with a slap on the face.

"Stop that. You're scaring her with that speed and she knows I don't have the reflexes if the opponent was faster, and don't make that face, it's annoying and won't do well in combat." Shoto said with his arm in front of Eri.

"He's kind of cold and mean isn't he..." Somebody whispered in the back

"You do realize I can hear you right?" Shoto asked looking up.

'I guess he's supposed to act like this' Midoriya said in his thoughts

"Hey, it's fine to let your guard down Shoto! These people won't hurt you and they aren't here to train with you either!" Mirio said walking up to him.

"My apologizes, I am not used to this environment, please forgive me." Shoto apologized bowing his head.

"It's fine you didn't know!" Uraraka said walking up to him.

'Everybody here is smiling... didn't I just do something wrong? Why aren't they mad? Is this place supposed to make you... happy?'

718 words