Needles

3rd Person POV

"Alright, I'll show you how to make your flames even hotter-"

"I already know how."

Dabi was surprised to his response.

"Ok, show me then."

Todoroki held out his hand and warm orange and red flames sprouted from his palm, he squinted and it slowly turned to a shade of blue. He then closed his palm and the flames were gone.

"Oh, uh, where'd you learn that?" Dabi asked.

"My older brother taught me how when I was younger before he died." Todoroki replied.

'He still remembers?! Wasn't he like five then?!' Dabi was astonished he remembered.

"Ok... um, hey Shigaraki!" Dabi turned to Shigaraki.

"Yeah?"

"This kid already knows how to make his flames hotter." Dabi said.

"Wow, you've already failed huh." Shigaraki responded.

"No, of course not, there's nothing to do with him!"

"Gosh, you guys really are incapable of a lot of things huh." Overhaul walked into the room a crying Eri beside him.

Overhaul pushed Eri and she stumbled over to Todoroki and sat on the bed with Todoroki holding her tight.

"Well, I was thinking of doing a few experiments on 69, so I'm gonna take him for a bit." Overhaul gestured for Todoroki to follow him and he obeyed.

The two of them stopped walking and Overhaul opened a door to a room, a room that Todoroki never wanted to go into ever again.

"Have a seat in the chair." Overhaul said.

Todoroki made his way over to the centre of the room, the table on wheels with many needles and the machines, nothing seemed to change. Todoroki sat down and looked Overhaul dead in the eye, he wasn't going to lose, he wasn't going to let this man use him again, he was going to defend himself and Eri, he had learned how to at U.A. so why not use it?

"You really have changed lots since I last saw you..." Overhaul pulled out the remote.

Todoroki's eyes widened at the sight of it and looked down, he couldn't do anything if he was weak from the shock... or was he being a coward? Todoroki wasn't so sure himself.

"Now, the horns and wings didn't quite seem to work out, did they?" Overhaul walked to the table of needles.

"I've created a special serum  just for you. It should strengthen your quirk and power but if it doesn't... that's what experiments are for... right?" Overhaul picked up a needle with a glowing red substance.

Todoroki's breath hitched. He was already deathly afraid of anything relatively sharp, now a needle? This was practically a nightmare.

Overhaul made his way over to Todoroki, needle in hand. Todoroki started shaking and getting more and more nervous as the man with the bird mask approached.

Overhaul injected the needle into Todoroki, who was crazy tense which didn't help at all. As Overhaul took the needle out Todoroki was breathing very heavily while still shaking. After a few seconds Todoroki felt a sharp pain in his head and then another sharp pain, each one seemed to hurt more than the last. After a full minute Todoroki's ice and fire side activated unintentionally and Todoroki screamed from pain until he passed out.

536 Words

Hi! Sorry for not updating very often! I've practically run out of ideas. Also, I'm thinking of making another book once this one is finished! I'm not telling what but hopefully you'll check it out when I finish this book :)

Have a great rest of your day!