The Busker and the Barista

Taehyung's  pov:

"Hyung, I think I'm in love," I said as I looked at my Hyung who was sitting beside me.

Namjoon pauses, his stance frozen and looks up at me.

"What?" he asked in disbelief.

Taehyung's lips contort into a smile as he ignores his brother's question. 

"Taehyung, you're not being serious, are you? W-well who's this person? Where and when did you meet him?" Namjoon asks, this time gripping on Taehyung's shoulder to get him to pay attention.

"I met him about four hours ago at the back alley of the new cafe, he works as a barista, he's tall and hot, he's gay and I think he has something against me" I casually replied.

Namjoon stays seated on the couch as he stared at his younger brother incredulously. The kid must have lost his mind, he thought to himself. There were so many things wrong with his description of the stranger and the one that stuck out to him was the fact that he specifically did not mention a name.

"Okay, Taehyung I need you to listen to me," Namjoon insisted. He starts his lecture, flailing his hands and pointing his fingers to get his message across. Meanwhile, Taehyung sits back on lazily.

"Saying you love somebody is a really big thing. Love is something that needs to stem from something solid, like getting to know the person for a long time, seeing their different sides and not just the front they put up when they're with you. You can't just throw the word around like a piece of old laundry, you understand?

You've only met this person at a back alley and you don't even know his name? I understand it must be hard to find a partner but Taehyung, don't say you love him because it can get you hurt. Don't make the same mistake as I did with Elena. I thought I loved her and I thought she loved me. But look at where we ended up. And I've known her for three years now."

"I'm being serious now!" he adds when Taehyung looked at him lazily.

Unfazed by his brother's chiding, he quietly extends his clean hand and opens up his palm. "Hyung, you owe me $50."

"What the fuck for?" remarked Namjoon with a scowl on his face. He felt a little miffed that Taehyung had completely dismissed his words.

You see, his brother has always been the romantic sod who believes in love at first sight. When he first met Elena at a house party one day, he immediately told Taehyung that he was in love and that he was going to make her, his. But what he doesn't realize is that he has a behavioral pattern Taehyung noticed over the past few years.

Namjoon would claim he's fallen in love with a girl, pursue her and get her - because as much as Taehyung tries to deny it, his older brother is very charming with the ladies. But then once they break it off, he would do a 180 and completely change his views on love, ranting how it was ridiculous and meant only for irrational people. 

So when Namjoon first said he was in love with Elena, Taehyung tried to reason with him. And since stubbornness runs in their blood, Namjoon dismisses it, saying that Elena was the one and there was no way he would ever say that it was a mistake to get with her.

It was a stormy Friday night when the bet was made.$50 was what they had agreed on - they even shook on it.

"Are you serious?" Namjoon whines, his shoulder deflating as he melts into the couch. "That bet was like two years ago."

"We shook on it big brother. Now pay up."

Grumbling, Namjoon stretches over the couch to reach the side table. He unwillingly opens up his wallet and drags out a $50 note.