The group of children were very happy to see the adults coming back. They all got off the table and hugged them by the legs.

Tangtang and Guoguo heard Xu Ran say that he also wanted to try egg soup. They immediately handed their own food to Xu Ran. Guoguo took the lead and offered, "Hey, Dad, I'll give mine to you."

Tangtang didn't want to struggle with him, so he went up to Liu Tong, "Daddy, you eat mine."

Tangtang and Guoguo inspired children from other families to learn from them and emulate their behavior, which moved all of the adults present. After breakfast, they packed their belongings, returned to their house to feed their livestock, secured the doors, and then hiked back up the mountain together.

As Xu Ran and the others had dug out a lot of bamboo shoots in the morning, all the children now had something to do-stripping the bamboo shoots.

Mr. Hu went to get some firewood while Liu Tong and Wu Mei went to get some water. The bamboo shoots only needed a small amount of water to boil, so they were able to make two trips with it. The other adults dug bamboo shoots as well. After all, it was just a question of time.

After the bamboo shoots had been stripped of their leaves, they were placed in a large pot. They were scooped out and dipped in water for a while after they were done. When they were cool enough to handle, they were placed on a cutting board and cut into fine slices or shreds that were neither too thin nor too thick.

Xu Ran was digging bamboo shoots while instructing the Ge'ers how to strip them.

The digging work went on very quickly. As here were many children present, the stripping work was also making good progress. Only the cutting didn't work so well, though the Ge'ers there were already working hard and fast.

When Xu Ran realized they wouldn't be able to finish the cutting in time, he ordered Mr. Hu to avoid boiling any more bamboo shoots. He intended to return with them to make pickled bamboo shoots, which could be used as a family dish as well as sold to the town for profit.

At noon, they all went back for lunch except Mr. Hu. He was old and would feel tired from walking up and down the mountain, so they brought him food to the mountain.

They had a decent harvest after such a long day. After just one day of airing outside, the ready-made bamboo shoots were still not dry, but retrieving them was difficult. They could just find something to cover them up, so they went home to look for something suitable.

They were eventually able to return home when the sun set. Xu Ran's hands were blistered, his back was sore, and his legs were tired after working with a hoe all day. He despised his own incompetency. They took all of the bamboo shoots that hadn't been boiled home with them and immersed them in water.

After returning home, Liu Tong hurriedly went out to cut pigweed. Now that there was Big Black, the grass for them was in great need.

Xu Ran also went to help. The other families had gone back and ate supper at their own home.

Mr. Chen needed some chili paste and bamboo shoots, so Xu Ran decided to go to the town the next day. By the way, he'd talk to him about the pickled bamboo shoots business. In addition, he will visit Zhuo Yun. Qin Shuwen, he said, would enjoy the soup made with bones and bamboo shoots.

The next day, Xu Ran got up very early. Those few children still came to their house to sleep. Liu Tong had gone to the mountain with the others. Xu Ran drove the carriage to the town with Foreman Li, who would go to buy vegetables and meat for his team.

The new house had been under construction for over a month and was already taking shape. Of course, there were several days before the building was completed. However, since the construction crew was already on the job, it was more convenient for them to leave now. At least, they always had someone there to keep watch everything at home.

The Farm Life Of a "Fool"On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara