Chapter 55

*Matt's P.O.V*

"Keep your eyes closed." Alex said as she was leading me to somewhere in her house.

I had just arrived at her house early so that we can celebrate my birthday. Plus, before her friends come here, I will be able to ask her what I need to ask her.

I'm so nervous. You have no idea.

Macsen had called me earlier at the hotel to tell me happy birthday and then to ask me how it's all going to go. We had talked about it and I couldn't help but tell him how nervous I was. I'm still curious to see how she would react and what she would say.

I just have to hope for the best at this point.

"Eyes are closed, babe." I smiled.

We had only walked for a few more seconds before she had told me to stop. I did as I was told. Then I waited for what she had to say next.

"Okay, now you can open them." She said.

I opened my eyes and in front of me was a breakfast that looked absolutely amazing. "Did you make all of this?"

She nodded. "I made sure to get up early for this."

Alex had hit it out of the park. She had made pancakes, eggs, bacon and sausage, mixed up fruit and some biscuits. I couldn't stop smiling.

"It smells amazing." I commented and then we went to sit down at the table.

"Happy Birthday babe." She said and she leaned over the table a little bit to give me a kiss. I kissed her back.

"Thank you so much, babe."

I poured some syrup onto the pancake and instantly took a bit out of it.

"This is really good, babe. You're an amazing cook." I told her.

She smiled. "Thank you and you can even thank my parents for that helping hand. Since they are always working at times, I always have free time to myself. So I ended up teaching myself how to cook."

I chuckled. "Thank you to your parents."

We sat and ate the food while we had small talk. My birthday was already going amazing because I was with Alex.

The perfect birthday if you ask me.

"What else are you planning for my birthday?" I then asked her.

"Ellie and Kayleb are coming over later, something you already knew." Alex explained. "We'll probably hang out. It's not like there were big plans, I'm sorry."

I grabbed her hand. "You don't have to apologize. I'm perfectly fine with celebrating my birthday with you and your friends and we are just hanging out. It's perfect."

"Maybe next year when you turn 19, we could do something big together." She suggested.

I started thinking about what she said. That could be a possibility if she was able to answer my question in the best way possible.

"I would love that."

I already know that I will remember this birthday.

We had finished breakfast and Alex was telling me what we were going to do next. "Let me just wash the dishes real quick and then I'll give you your birthday present."

"You got me a present?" I asked, shocked. I wasn't expecting that.

"Why do you look shocked?" She asked. "Of course, I got you a present because you are my boyfriend and I wanted to give you something."