"I'm your who-now" ~24

"Finally." I said, I've been waiting to hear what the heck a mate is for like ever.

"Ok, so every werewolf has a mate. A mate is like their soul-mate. Their other half, love of their life, they would do anything for their mates, and their mates would do anything for them. A werewolf and their mate have this undeniable connection, or bond, that draws them to each other. They feel sparks when they touch, and they know that they can trust each other right away, they feel safe in each other's arms and they feel loved by one another. A werewolf's mate can either be human or werewolf, but no matter what they are literally made for each other, basically the universe intended for them to be together. However, every mate does have a choice to reject their mate if they do not wish to be with them. I know in a lot of made-up werewolf stories that the rejected mate literally dies without their other half, but that's not the case in real life. The mate who was rejected can go on with their life and be perfectly healthy, but they will never experience a love so powerful as a werewolf and their mate."

"Wow, that's kind of amazing that werewolves have their own soulmate." He chuckled, "Yeah, it is."

"There's one more thing though" I looked at him, silently telling him he has my undivided attention. "Rosalyn Emerson.....you're my mate." He said that with such confidence and love, I nearly passed out. But, wait. I'm his mate?! 

"I-I'm your who n-now?" He smiled at my choice of words and answered with a light chuckle, "Yes, Love. You're my mate.....and the future Luna to Crescent pack." WHAT?!

"W-What. I-I think you have the wrong girl Gray." I could see the happiness and hope in his eyes slowly fade away. "I-I mean, t-there's no way I could be your mate. I'm broken." I muttered the last part to myself, but at this point you'd think I remember that he has heightened senses, well super heightened senses since he's apparently the Alpha! So, of course he heard me.

He rushed over to me, giving me a comforting hug. I could feel the sparks he was talking about earlier, I never really fully payed attention to them until now. "Love, your not broken, why would you think that?" I stared at the ground.

With a sudden boost in anger and insecurity I jumped up, "C'mon Gray! I-I mean I've never had a s-stable relationship. In f-fact both boys fucking c-cheated on me! That a-alone tells you I'm not g-good enough for you! You deserve someone better, stronger, to lead your pack! I-I'm not that g-girl." He looked at me with sympathy and sadness. 

"Love, where is this coming from, you're one of the most strongest girls I know. I mean you street-raced! Racing some of the most dangerous people out there, you were kidnapped by Xavier Spence and still manage to escape alive! You're truly the most bravest, strongest, prettiest, smartest, kindest, loving girl I know." I looked at him with doubt seeping through my mind.

"Xavier Spence was nothing but a coward who thrived off the powers of rumors. He was never any threat. And c'mon Gray, there's no way you'd ever like me like that. I'm just a stupid naïve girl." By now, quiet tears were flowing out of my eyes as I showed my inner insecurities. The side of me that was most weakest, the part of me which never believed I could have a stable relationship. Those two dickheads ruined me when it came to romance. By cheating on me, they made me feel like I wasn't good enough, like I'll never be good enough. I never showed anyone this side of me, not even Nate, my own brother.

Gray unexpectedly jumped off of the couch, "Rosalyn! Why do you think I'm always around you? Why do I get mad at every guy who even looks your way? Why am I so protective over you?" I stared at him, confused as to where he was going with this. 

"I-I uh I don't know? Because your my friend and you care about me?"

"I'm your mate and I care about you, and ugh! Love, you're blind if you think I could never like you like that." He stormed towards me, a determined look on his face.