"Shitmuffins" ~8

I'm currently finishing my photoshop assignment in my advanced photography class. Mr. Smith is both the regular and the AP photography teacher, so I kind of lucked out with that since I know him already. We have 5 more minutes until the bell rings, and then I could finally go home and start packing for the Georgia visit. We have to leave my house at around 5:30pm so we can make it to the airport at 6. Our flight leaves at 7:30, so we have plenty of time to find seats and what-not if we make it on time. As I finish the math in my head the bell finally rings.

Brrrrrrng

Halle-fricken-lujah people! I jump out of my seat and quickly pack my things up, I rush out of the classroom only to run straight into someone.

"OhmygoshI'msosorry!" I rambled out. A deep chuckle responded to my apology. Why does that sound so familiar? I look up to meet a pair of forest green eyes.

"Oh! Hey Gray!" I decided to give him a nickname, because saying Grayson everytime is a mouthful....and because we've gotten closer within the past few days.

"Hey Rosie, you good there?" He stuck out a hand for me, offering to help me off the floor. Yeah, I probably looked like an idiot talking to him while I'm just chillin' on the dirty floor. Cue mental eye roll at my stupidity. *eye roll* My heart fluttered at his newfound nickname for me, nobody calls me that. Yay, its unique, I smile inwardly at my thoughts but then that smile turns into a frown. No. I can't like him, I don't need my heartbroken a third time.

Cursing myself out for beginning to like him, I force a laugh and respond. "Yeh, I'm fine. So you ready to see Atlanta, Georgia?"

"Hell yeah, I'm looking forward to it!"

"Yay, I'm glad."

"Haha, yeh, so how's your friend's sister doing?"

"She's doing much better now! Since they figured out that it was just the flu, they're keeping her under observation, but as of right now there aren't any problems." I smile thankfully.

"That's great!"

"Yep! Well I've gotta get going to my locker, see ya later Gray!"

"Bye Rosie!"

I turn around walking to my locker, repeatedly telling myself that I can't like Grayson. It's not like he likes me like that anyway. I scoff, my thoughts are so annoyingly right sometimes. Once I get my books and everything ready I head towards my baby.

"Hey! Rosalyn!" I turn my head to find the voice that called my name. 

"Hey Jenna!!"

"Hey, sorry to bug you but my ride just bailed, do you think I could get one from you?" 

"Of course! Hop in!" I gesture to the passenger side.

"Oh my gosh! You're a lifesaver thank you!! 

"Anytime Girl!" She gives me her address and I start driving towards her house. I glance down towards my phone and see my brother texted me.

"Hey J? Could you tell me what Nathan texted?" I did a little head nod towards my phone to show her what I meant.

"Sure! He said 'Yo sis are you almost home? Don't forget you have to pack!'"

"Can you tell him that I'm dropping a friend off and I'll be home in about an hour?"

"Okie dokie, I sent it!"

"Thanks!"

"No problemo." A few minutes later, we arrive to a cute little blue house.

"Alrighty, we're here." I announced.

"Awesome, thanks again Rosalyn!"

"No problem, and you can call me Rose." I smiled warmly towards her.