"Nathan" ~19

It's been three weeks since the whole Xavier-kidnapping-me-and-me-beating-him-up situation. The week we stayed at Gray's was so fun. We all got a lot closer together and we had a blast with all the children in his family. Yeh, apparently he has a huge family. They live in this mansion thing and literally, not even joking, there's like a hundred people that live there. I was curious as to why like half of his family lives with him, but I didn't question anything cause I didn't want to be rude. The Sunday that we were going to go back home and "return" from our extra week in Georgia, our parents called and told us that they had to attend a two month long lawyer convention thingy. I honestly didn't even know those existed. Nate and I were upset that we were only able to see them for an hour before their flight to Alaska, but we knew how important it was for them to go so we didn't say anything. 

School started the day after our parents left for the convention. Gray, Ace, Nate, and I always ate lunch outside on the bleachers together, we would all joke and laugh like we've been friends for years. Ace and I would talk about our previous racing experiences we had at The Hanger, while Gray and Nate would talk about some other random guy stuff. I never really bothered to figure out what they talked about. I've had a few volleyball games since we returned, and the guys always came to support me. I grew closer with Jenna, but not super close, more like we would talk during volleyball practices or games, and say hi to each other in the halls, but nothing else.

I don't think anyone realized that when I yelled or got angry I growled on the day Xavier kidnapped me. Which I am extremely happy about since I couldn't even begin to explain or understand what that was all about. I think I've heard Gray growl a few times when we hung out but I'm not hundred percent sure. So, me being me, I just let it go, chopping it down to the fact that I was angry that day, and that my mind is playing tricks on me to make me think Gray growls too.

Over the past few days, I've noticed Nate becoming anxious and distant with me. I think it's because of the secret he said he would share with me "soon" after Xavier got arrested. Everytime I would approach him or talk to him when it was just us two, he would make up an excuse and walk away, but when we were with the others, he would talk with me as if nothing was wrong. Honestly, I'm not even mad about it, it does hurt a bit that he's avoiding me, but I wish he knew he didn't have to and that he could tell me anything. I'm also worried about the big secret he's keeping but there's nothing much I can do until Nate grows enough balls to come up and talk to me about it. Some things didn't change though, like how we would always race to school, how I always beat him, and how he would huff and puff in his car. I was grateful that at least that didn't change.

When I realized that all the hot water was gradually getting less and less warm, I shook my head to get out of my thoughts and got out of the shower. It was Friday, so we had to go to school *sarcastic jazz hands*. When I finished doing my morning routine, I walked downstairs to get some breakfast. We still had a month and a half until our parents were done with their convention, so we've been having to fend for ourselves. Yeah, I'm not looking forward to becoming an adult, but our parents did leave us a credit card just in case, so at least I got some new camera filters out of it.

I sat down at the table, eagerly waiting for the chocolate chip pancakes Nate was making. He quickly put a plate down in front of me, filled with the yummy goodness, and turned back around without making eye contact. I grunted. Screw what I said earlier, I'm not, not mad. I'm furious. He's my brother and I don't want him ignoring me.

"Nathan." He froze for a moment, before ignoring me and focusing back on the pancakes he was making. I huffed out a small puff of air and stood up from the table. I grabbed my backpack and walked towards the front door, ignoring the gaze I felt on my back. I hopped into my baby and started the drive towards school. For once in my life, I didn't speed like 20 miles over the speed limit. I was too sad to enjoy the rush of adrenaline it provided. I wasn't expecting him to ignore me like that when I said his name. It hurt. A lot. Never in my life did I think we would be in an awkward situation like this. We're twins, brother and sister, best friends. We were always close and we never had a fight that lasted more than three days because we always felt bad for yelling at each other. But what made this worse was that we never even had a fight. He just stopped talking to me. For almost a week. That's the longest we've gone without being by each other's side 24/7.