"woah" ~23

Nate told me about how and when he found out I was a werewolf and adopted. I could tell he was nervous to tell me, judging by the way he wouldn't make eye contact and kept fidgeting.

I went up and gave him a tight hug, "Nate it's ok. I understand why you didn't tell me." Both boys looked at me shocked. Well, I guess this is "everyone be shocked by Rose's reaction" day. 

"Y-You're seriously not m-mad?" Nate asked.

"Of course not, you were scared that I would run away or something, which is utterly ridiculous by the way, but if I was in your situation I probably would've done the same thing. I'm just glad you decided to tell me at all."

"Of course I would tell you, I'd be a complete dick if I didn't. I shouldn't have even kept you from the truth for so long."

"Really Nate, it's ok." I smiled warmly at him. "Ok, so what all do I need to know about werewolves??" I asked excitedly. I was basically jumping up and down.

This time Gray jumped in, which makes sense considering he grew up in the werewolf community or pack or whatever it is.

"Ok so, let me start with the basics. A pack is like a giant family or group of werewolves, for example, my pack is the Crescent pack, and there are other packs around the world as well. Most packs have a pack house, which is one giant house where almost all of the members live. When a wolf finds their mate, they usually move into another house close to the pack house so they can have their privacy and start their own family. My house is the pack house, that's why it's huge and there are so many people that live there. Every member in the same pack can mind-link each other. It's like this telepathic connection where we can talk through our thoughts kind of. My pack, personally, never really uses that ability because there's basically no need to. Unless there's like a major emergency and we can't call, then we'll use our mind-link. There are different, I guess rankings, of a werewolf. The Alpha, which is the leader of a pack. The Beta, which is second in command, so like the Alpha's right hand man or woman. The Gammas, which are the eldest in the pack, and the most wisest. So, a lot of people go to them for help and direction. The Lota which is essentially the doctor of the pack. There is the Luna, which is the mate of the Alpha, and the other leader of the pack, and finally the pups are the children and newborns of the pack."

"Ok, wait what's a mate?" Gray and Nate tensed a bit as I asked that, but they soon relaxed.

"I'll get to that later Love."

"Ok, what else?"

"Well, as a werewolf, you can change into a wolf of your own. So like a shapeshifter which I'm sure you know already as you saw me do that a bit ago. Also as Nate explained earlier, we have enhanced abilities like, strength, speed, hearing, reflexes, and smell." I nodded along, somehow managing to remember all of this. "Oh, and, the only way to become an Alpha is to be born into the Alpha bloodline, so like how royalty works, and Alphas and Lunas are stronger than the rest of the pack, so their senses are even more heightened. To turn into your wolf, you have to imagine yourself as a wolf. So like imagine the color of your fur, eyes, the size and shape of your wolf. We also have different eye colors as wolves, so for example mine are green as a human, but they have a ring of gold around the green as a wolf. Some people might have completely different colors too. I'm not sure what'll happen with you though, since most werewolves first turn into their wolf at the age of 16, but since you didn't know until now, your body didn't know that it needed to change at 16."

I turned to Nate when he spoke up, "Yeah, I'm confused about that. The guy in the woods said that when she finds out she's a werewolf, she will shift almost immediately. I'm kind of con-" He got cut off as I suddenly screamed out in pain. Gray was immediately by my side asking what's wrong.