"HEDGEHOGS" ~5

~~~~(back to Rosalyn's POV)~~~~~

After my odd encounter with Midnight a few hours ago, I couldn't stop thinking about that large wolf. His eyes seemed so familiar but I don't know where I've seen them before. I sat on my hammock in the corner of my room and read some Wattpad. I always loved reading the werewolf stories because they were so cute, how two people were literally destined to be together. That's how I found wolves to be my favorite animals, they're smart, loyal, and protective of what's theirs. Plus they are so darn cute. I continued my never-ending journey of reading Wattpad and eventually fell asleep.

~~~~~~

I woke up to my alarm buzzing way too loudly and way too early. I had to physically refrain myself from throwing it against the fricken wall. I grudgingly got up and walked over to my bed to turn my alarm off. 6:30. Who in their right mind gets up at 6:30?! People who will become successful in life by going to school and learning stuff my subconscious said. I hate that son of a demon sometimes. This being one of those times. I went to my walk in closet trying to think of what to wear. I decided for brown sweatpants and a fitted white long sleeve crop top, feeling particularly lazy today. I brushed my teeth and threw my hair into a high ponytail, not bothering to comb through that birds nest. I had a kink in my neck because of how I slept last night. Side note - never sleep in a hammock hung from a wall again. I grabbed my backpack and my car keys and made my way downstairs. My brother and parents were already in the kitchen eating breakfast, French toast and sausage. Yummm. I sat down next to my brother and began digging into the deliciousness.

"Morning sleepyhead." Nate greeted.

"Morning Natey." I replied cheekily.

"How are you not a morning person but still manage to make fun of me!" Nate whined. I laughed at his childish behavior and shrugged my shoulders.

"Alright kiddos time to get going. School starts in 40 minutes." My dad told us.

"Ugh. Can't we just say we're sick and skip?" Nate and I said at the same time, not gonna lie that kind of creeped me out a bit. Our parents chuckled and shoved us out the doors.

"Alright Natey, ready for hell?"

"Stop calling me that." Was all I got in a response. I chuckled as we got into our cars and began driving to school. Nate's car was apparently fixed and picked up when I was in the woods yesterday talking to my wolfie friend. I smiled slightly remembering the cutie's face. We would've rode together, but I had volleyball tryouts today for the school team and I didn't feel like making Nate wait for me. I rolled my roof down and started blasting The Score music. I love their songs. The song Comeback started playing and I immediately sang along, knowing all the words to it.

Run out of words to say

You're broken down and tired

I know this world can make

Us feel so small sometimes

It's hard to know

Where the right way goes

Remember yesterday

You're trying to find that fighter

Who pushed through all the pain

But now can't find their fire

Deep inside

It's time to come alive

And come back like the sun breaks the day

It's time to come back without being afraid