"fudgecakes" ~2

I pulled into the seemingly only parking space left at Oak Roads High School, my hair was in a frenzy as we had the top down the entire 20 minute drive here. I could feel all the stares on us seeing as nobody knew who we were. When we moved here we just kept to ourselves, besides our parents who went out for shopping and what not. Me being the antisocial-around-new-people person I am, I just stayed in my attic cubby reading Wattpad and trying not to stress over school, since the summer was starting to end. I glanced at my brother when he put his hand on my arm in a soothing manner, noticing my anxious expression.

"Hey, it's gonna be ok sis, I'll be here too." Nate whispered just loud enough for me to hear him. I smiled appreciatingly towards him, trying to thank him through my smile. He seemed to have got the message when he subtly nodded. I chuckled as a piece of his blonde hair fell over his brown eyes, I had a mini thought of the fact that I don't look much like my family, them with their blonde hair, and brown or green eyes. I have darker brown hair with blue eyes, similar to the ocean, with white specks in them. I shrugged off the thought figuring it was just genetics, and put up the roof on my classic baby. As I began walking into school with my brother, I tried to ignore all the curious gazes that fell upon us. As I subtly glanced around to see who my new fellow classmates were, I couldn't help but feel watched. Not in the way that everyone was watching me because I'm the new girl, but it was like I could feel one particular gaze on me, I just didn't know who's. Shaking off the creepy feeling I began to feel, I followed my brother into the guidance office to receive our schedules and locker numbers. I heard all the whispers wondering who we were and why we were here and chuckled at how curious some people could be.

"Hi there ma'am, we're here for our schedules and locker numbers, Nathan and Rosalyn Emerson please." I was somewhat amazed at the fact that he didn't seem at all shy or nervous, he was simply just gliding through life, I admire that fact about him. I turned towards the kind looking receptionist with the nametag of "Emily" and gave her a small smile, which she didn't hesitate to return. We both received our schedules and began to compare them.

"Alright lil bro whatya got?" He shot me a small playful glare at the "lil" part but showed me his schedule anyways. I put mine beside his and began to compare.

Nathan J. Emerson

1st- English

2nd- P.E.

3rd- History

4th- Math

5th- Lunch

6th- Art

7th- Science

8th- Cooking

Rosalyn N. Emerson

1st- English

2nd- Math

3rd- Coding

4th- History

5th- Lunch

6th- Music

7th- Science

8th- Photography

"Aw man we only have English, Lunch, and Science together." Nate pouted. I just burst out laughing like a maniac because of how pathetic and baby-like he looked. Nathan glared at me while other students gave me either an amused, curious, or annoyed look. I just laughed harder because of the looks I was getting.

"You....should have......seen.....your face." I breathed out. It was rare when I could make fun of him for his looks since he was (sadly) good looking, so I reveled in this moment.

"Yeah yeah laughed it up sis, cause it won't last."

"Oh, I know that's exactly why I'm laughing.....and why I took a picture." Needless to say, he glared a glare that was enough to send me 6ft under. He also looked somewhat impressed too. "Wha- when did you do that??"