"dancing like hippies" ~10

~~~~(still Grayson's POV lol)~~~~

Those 15 minutes went by way too fast. I sadly had to let Rosie out of our koala cuddle so she could get out of the car. Immediately when we were both out of the car I threw my arm around her, and she sunk into my side. I smiled inwardly, she isn't against this. Mini party going on in my head right now. I really shouldn't be complaining though, we talked the entire ride and got to know each a bit better. Like, now I know she used to have red hair because it was the color of a rose, which happened to be her favorite flower and her nickname. I also found out she likes to dye her hair so she can be different, and express her crazy/creative side more. I told her how my favorite colors are blue and red, which she then told me they were her favorites as well. She told me how much she likes photography and how her favorite things to photograph are birds, flowers, and people. I told her how I love walking in the woods and being surrounded by nature - taking out the fact that I'm a werewolf though - and she told me how she loves the same thing. We shared multiple facts about ourselves, sometimes finding we share similar interests. The entire car ride was pure bliss, we just zoned out of the other conversations and focused on our own. Distracting me from my thoughts, we walked into the hospital, Clark went to the main desk to sign ourselves in and see Gracie. I could tell Rosie was excited to see her but also nervous at the same time. I glanced around the hospital, my mind wandering, until I saw him again. He was staring at us intently, more specifically Rosie. A low intimidating growl erupted from my chest, unable to stop it. The rest of our group didn't seem to notice who was standing across the large room, nor did they hear my growl. I stared him down giving him my most intimidating glare, I could tell he was silently shaking, but trying hard to stop. He finally left out the side door and walked away. I can't believe it. Xavier fucking Spence. He used to be the world-wide undefeatable street racer until The Emperor - aka Rosie- took over his title. Everyone even remotely involved in the street racing business knows he didn't take the defeat well. He must be back to figure out who The Emperor really is. Subconsciously I pulled Rosie closer to me.

"Gray are you ok? You seem really tense." I turned to look at Rosie and noticed the obvious worry for me in her eyes. My face immediately softens from its glare as I look at her.

"I'm fine Love." I glanced one last time at the spot where Xavier last was, and notice it's still empty. Good.

~~~~Rosie's POV (present time)~~~~

His face softens almost immediately, as he turns to look at me.

"I'm fine Love." There it is again. That nickname. Damn him for being so fricken cute and handsome with that stupid nickname that I love. Damn him for making me fall for him. Just damn him. I sigh inwardly at the fact that I'm breaking my own rule. No more guys. That's all I wanted, getting my heart broken twice is more than enough for me. But now comes Gray and his holiness. Why cruel world whyyyyy. What did I ever do to you? Was it because I stole Logan's chips in the 2nd grade? Is this karma? Damn it, I knew I should have returned that library book on time. 

Once we finally arrived to Gracie's room, the boys noticed Logan was in the room already. So we decided to have Gray, Nate and I wait out here. I heard the commotion from in the room and snickered slightly, Log can be so extra sometimes, but I love her for it.

"For the love of Gracie! There y'all are. Where the heck were you three!! Your sister is in the friggen hospital and y'all are out in the world dancing like hippies." Gray looked at Nate and I questioningly. I just shrugged my shoulders and whispered, "If you try to understand it'll only make your brain hurt. Trust me, I speak from experience." He laughed slightly at my statement and I relished in it, his laugh was so warm, it brought a smile to my face seeing him laugh like that. Shaking my head from my thoughts I pulled Nate and walked into the room while Log continued screeching at them. No doubt waking the dead.