"weird fireball hell monster thing-a-ma-dude" ~16

I don't want to face reality right now. I'm honestly scared senseless. I had always been so careful with my hood, and the one time I mess up, I end up screwing myself over. I was leaning on Nate's shoulder with my headphones in my ears drowning out the world and listening to my music. I still kept a close eye on literally anything that moved, somewhat ready for Xavier to appear again. I still cannot believe I was stupid enough to kick him. If I thought I was screwed before, I'm definitely screwed now.

Gently nodding my head to my music, I kept a close eye on the people around us. Praying that I don't see Xavier, or more importantly, that he doesn't see us. We have 15 minutes left of our flight, and I don't know how we made it this far without being cabobbed on a metal wire and gently roasted over a fire. I'm not even joking. I heard he did that before. I shivered at the thought. The only reason I can think of as to why he hasn't done anything yet, is he doesn't want to do anything in public, or he's planning something. Ugh. I can't believe my dumbass kicked him. Literally no one has ever stood up to him before. And for good reason too.

Gray was reading while Nate was on his phone, but both boys would glance up every few seconds to keep an eye out. I just want to get home. Wait.

"Nate! What are we going to do?! We can't go home! What if Xavier follows us and finds out where we live! We can't risk getting mom and dad involved!"

"Shit. I don't know." I paused my music and began thinking about some kind of plan to keep our parents out of this.

"Why don't you tell them that you guys are going to stay in Georgia for an extra week, to spend some more time with your friends and Gracie? Then you two can come stay with me at my pa- I mean family's house. We know some people who can go out searching for Xavier and put him in jail." I looked at him curiously, only focused on one thing.

"Who in the hell do you know that can take on Xavier?! You do know he's one of the most powerful gang leaders right?!" I harshly whispered.

"Yes, Love, I know. But trust me these people can take him, they're strong. More stronger than you know."

"Um ok?" I was momentarily confused about the vagueness of his answer, but despite it all I do trust him, so I let it go for now.

"But wait. We can't just stay an extra week! What about school? They would never let us skip." This time Nate spoke up, I nodded agreeing with him and turned towards Gray.

"Did you guys not check your email? School was shut down for two weeks because of some sort of fire and flood thing that happened during chemistry club."

"Well that's oddly convenient." As I said this, Nate called our mom, telling her about us "staying" for another week. 

"She's fine with it, she said she knows how much we miss Georgia and our friends." I visibly relaxed at this news, but I tensed again when I realized something.

"Gray we can't stay at your house. That would be dragging you and your family into our drama, and it's not your problem." I heard him whisper "Of course it's my problem no one threatens my mate." but I decided to ignore it, considering I still have no idea what he's talking about. Out of the corner of my eye, I notice Nate tense as he said that, which made me all the more curious. But I have other things to be worried about.

"I care about you Rosie, and you too Nate. If you guys are involved then it is my problem. And I'm not some idiot who's just going to sit and watch you two get hurt." He said that with so much sincereness and concern that my heart just about burst. *internal awwwwwwwww*

"I don't know Gray. You're already dragged enough into my mess as it is. By staying at your house it just puts targets on you and your family's backs." I stared at him, hoping he won't be stubborn just this once. Who was I kidding? Of course he would be stubborn.