Being able to read was already a great achievement in the minds of many of those who were unable to attend school, let alone passing the examination and becoming a student. If one of them turned out to be a Xiucai or Juren, he could be considered a god in their possession.

Xu Ran seemed powerless, and he was forced to remain quiet when Wu Mei and the others chastised him. After them, it was Foreman Li's turn, and then it was the village chief's turn. In any case, all of their village friends came to express their feelings to him.  Xu Ran could only apologize to them and promised that he would treat them for a big dinner, which was why he was let go at last. Xu Ran couldn't help but feel his chest. He felt like he had survived after a disaster.

Xu Ran had to make some arrangements because it was a special occasion. All of the guests, including Wu Mei's and the other two families, as well as the village head, his spouse, and a group of children, were friends. Xu Ran decided that it would be best if he told everyone about the bamboo shoots market. There were many tasks that needed to be completed in this matter, and their family was unable to earn any money due to a lack of hands. He believed that it would be best if more people participated in it, so that everyone could benefit from it. After all, his own family was short of money now.

Some of the potatoes in the field could be dug up to feed the dinner guests, while the rest could be sold to Mr. Chen for money. Since it was still early and not even lunchtime, everyone returned to their homes first, with Xu Ran reminding them to come over for dinner later that evening.

They hadn't had a meal together in a long time. The other three families had accepted Xu Ran's invitation, with the exception of the village head and his spouse. The village chief and his spouse promised to attend the dinner until they had time later in the evening. Xu Ran didn't press them into it and they agreed.

Needless to say, Xu Ran was living a happy life, while the Xu Family's life was not peaceful, or to be more precise, it had never been peaceful, particularly since Xu Ran had left them. Xu Cheng had been torturing Zhang Yue mercilessly the entire time. Despite the fact that he was frail and unable to move, the Xu Family wanted to keep a close eye on him. Let alone run away, Zhang Yue couldn't even meet his dad or daddy, nor could he see his two children.

For some reason, Xu Cheng became more and more violent. As long as he got angry, he would hit Zhang Yue desperately. In this way, Zhang Yue's old injury was not healed, and new injury was added. How could he not be thin and weak?

That day, Xu Cheng went out early. Not long after, Zhang Yue heard the sound of drums from outside. Zhang Yue could hear Xu Ran's name and something about the pupil's test because the Yamen messenger's voice was quite loud. Zhang Yue assumed that Xu Ran had passed the pupil's examination, and that this Yamen messenger had come to announce the good news.

Unfortunately, he couldn't see this scene, and it should be said that he was not qualified to watch it, from the moment he agreed to marry Xu Cheng.

At the moment, Zhang Yue was crouching on the ground with his head in his arms, feeling sad and a little bewildered.

He knew he had nothing to do with the man, no matter how good he was now, and he had never given him a second glance. The door was abruptly kicked open as Zhang Yue was lost in thought. Zhang Yue jumped to his feet, shaking, and took two steps backward.

Xu Cheng's angry face was flashed into Zhang Yue's eyes, "You, you, what are you doing?" Even Zhang Yue's voice was trembling.

Xu Cheng approached him step by step. The anger on his face was obvious and he even wanted to tear him apart, "What am I doing? You are my person, so what do you say I want to do? Or are you worried about others so much that you have forgotten who you are? Is it Xu Ran that you are thinking of? You b*tch, see if I won't kill you?!